Chapter 7

*Dusty's POV*

I woke up in someone's arms. I was confused and my anxiety was screaming in my head, but I realized that it was just Gerard and calmed down. I shifted, trying not to wake him, but to see the others. Holly's head was on Frank's chest. They laid a few feet away from Gee and I. Mikey was on one side of the couch and Aniston was lying on his arm. I wondered how they managed to fall asleep like that. It didn't seem comfortable.

Kellin was passed out by the table in the kitchen, Lord knows how. Winston, Ray and Bob were nowhere to been seen. Probably getting coffee or something early-risers do. I wouldn't know. Then I remembered. Ember was coming today!

Yay! My A.D.H.D. chose that moment to make my arm spazz happily, getting Gee in the arm. He sat up, blinking the sleep from his eyes. He looked sad. "Why did you do that?" I hugged him. "Sorry, Gee. ADHD hates me this morning."

Gerard smiled, his pout wiped away. I stood up and stretched. Gerard did the same. I looked at the clock on the wall. 'Oh crap!' "It's time to pick Ember up!" Gerard looked up sleepy still. "Huh?" I grabbed his arm and dragged him to the door, grabbing my shoes on the way out, "You left your shoes in my car yesterday, right?" Gerard seemed surprised. "Uh, yeah..." I dragged him to the car and told him to get his butt into the car.

I drove us to the airport, fast as I could. I couldn't believe that I was late! Ember would kill me! I drove a little faster. Gerard hesitantly poked my arm. "Can I ask where we're going?" I snapped at him. "The airport! Where else, you IDIOT!" He flinched like I hit him. I immediately felt bad, seeing the hurt expression on his face. I immediately apologized. "I'm so sorry, Gee, I'm just frustrated that we're probably going to be late and I'm mad at myself for being such a screw up..." Gerard nodded. "It's okay, Dusty. But you're not a screw up. Sometimes people forget things. It'll be okay. You'll be okay, I promise."

I nodded. "Okay. Thanks, Gee. You're awesome." He blushed slightly at this and I pretended not to notice. I could kind of see what Kellin meant when he teased us. Gee seemed to be a bit awkward about people. I don't think it was me. My dad, when he beat me, would always tell me that no one would ever love an ugly bitch like me.

I sighed sadly. I still wasn't sure if I felt that way about Gee. He was sweet and kind and funny, but...I was kind of scared of commitment. At that point, we parked in the airport. I jumped out of the car and dragged Gee across the airport to where Ember was supposed to be getting off. We got a butt-load of weird looks.

I had no idea why. Gerard spoke up: "Uh, Dusty..." I looked him and noticed the cause of the looks. He had on his skeleton onesie. Which meant I still had the matching one on. I mentally facepalmed. Smooth, Dusty. Just genius.

Oh well. Too late to do anything about it now. I stood with Gerard at the gate. I watched the people get off, scanning the crowd for the small, energetic girl I grew to love as my sister and best friend/partner in crime. I finally saw the familiar brown hair and shortness.

I let the huge grin explode over my face as I ran up to her, still dragging Gee. She immediately screamed when she saw me: "Dusty!" I screamed back. "Ember!" We collided in an awesomely epic hug with Gerard awkwardly standing there, looking at us.

I finally pulled him over. "Ember, this is one of my best friends, Gerard." He blushed madly when I said this. Ember waved very quickly at him. "Hey Gerard! I'm Ember! Are you and Dusty dating?" Gee turned red and stammered out: "Uh...no, w-we're just friends..." Ember laughed. "I bet Kellin ships it." I laughed. "You better believe it. We got all kinds of fangirl shipping in our house." Ember laughed. "I love it." I rolled my eyes. "You would."

~Time skip to when they get home...~

*Dusty's POV*

When we got home, we got introductions out of the way. I saw the way that Frank looked at Ember. Holly and Frank seemed to get along great, but Holly and Frank don't like each other that way. But Ember and Frank...that could be a different story. Gerard seemed happy to be home, though. After we got Ember from the airport, we stopped at, at least, ten places. Kellin came up to me and waggled his eyebrows suggestively at Gee and I several times during dinner, we had tacos, thanks for asking. And that resulted in several finger gestures that weren't exactly kind. Frank and Holly got best friend necklaces(what?) And Mikey and Aniston both turned red when the other was mentioned. It was so adorable, it was almost disgusting.

/Yay for introducing @flyingsquirrels as Ember! Check her out, she's super awesome :D XXX~ Mikey\