Chapter 5- Meet the Head Elder

Natalie's POV.

The mansion is just one word. Beautiful. It's absolutely stunning. The outside is all white and has windows spread across the whole house. The roof is a light blue and the fence is an almond brown.

The other mini mansions look different but all look alike. The outside coat is a nude color while the roof is a light green. The fence fades from light green to dark green as it goes down.

I stop staring at the landscape and realize Ryder is looking at me with amusement. "What?"

"Nothing." He says quickly and then we have a staring contest. I just get lost in those gorgeous eyes and...

"Ok, lovebirds, let's go see where our new home is." That's when I realize Chloe's with us. I forgot, oops.

"Okay follow me." With that, he put me down and grabbed my hand in his. I just now realized how tall he is compared to me and his luxurious abs. He walked until we reached the front of the main 'house' and sighed. He opened the door and once he did, I gasped in amazement. Can this house get any better? There is a huge staircase on either side of the main one. Then on my right is what looks like the hallway to the kitchen and on my left is a hallway leading to the dining room. Back in the middle, The stairs lead to a long horizontal hallway that I'm guessing leads to at least 50 bedrooms.

"To see the elders, we need to go straight ahead to the right till we reach room number 38B. Got it?"

"Got it." Chloe and I said together.

"Okay, follow me and don't pay attention to anyone that we pass." After that, Ryder led me up the front marble steps. Then at the top, we turn right and keep walking. 25B, 27B, 31B.. 33B has loud music coming from it. As we pass, people around stare at us but I take Ryder's advice and ignore them. Finally we reach an almond colored door and written on a gold pallet, it reads 38B.

"Let me do most of the talking, Okay?"

"Alright." As soon as I say that, the door swings open before Ryder gets a chance to do it.

A short man about my height is standing in front of me. He has a long white beard with short white hair. He's decently chubby. I also notice he's not wearing shoes. He wears big black glasses and has big blue eyes full of anger and hate and that's when I realize I'm not wearing my glasses. Why can I see perfectly? Maybe I've been so use to wearing glasses for so long that I have been able to see, but didn't know. Who knows? Oh well, that's not my concern right now.

"Ryder," He says slowly trying to calm himself, "Why do I smell... this mutt!" He points at me when he said that. Then he grabbed my hand and pried Ryder's out of mine successfully. He pulled me over into his room and sat me down in his chair next to his desk. He examines me and sniffs the air. "Why does she smell... like a vampire aswell?"

Ryder and Chloe come over to us.

"I can explain everything," Ryder started. Oh, boy. This is gonna be a long day...