Chapter 4- Ryder James Williams

Natalie's POV.

Darkness.

Darkness is all I see. It feels as if my whole body is being held down by the heaviest weight.

It's just too painful to open my eyes so I take my surroundings in. All of my senses start to slowly work. I see nothing. I hear... voices? I feel a shoulder... and an arm around me? I smell... A man and a woman. Then, I smelled the most amazing scent ever. It smelled like vanilla and kiwi fruit with the best topping ever. I could live in this air forever. The woman smelled like... Chloe? Why is she here?

I can't handle my curiosity any longer.

I open my eyes slowly and feel extreme pain, but it's easing off. My vision is blurred but clears up. A beautiful masculine voice says, "You're awake!"

I look into his dark brown eyes and he does the same. I could just get lost in them all day long. I now realize that he's the owner to that amazing scent. He can't be my ma- Yeah he isn't... right?

"Where am I?" I say, breathlessly, gawking at how handsome he and admiring his features.

"I'm taking you to my home, love."

"Love?" I ask.

"It's your new nickname from me. So what's your name, love."

"It's Natalie Marie Tyler, what is yours?"

"My name is Ryder James Williams and I hope we can get to know each other a little more, Natalie."

"Yeah." I look around and see that Ryder is carrying me bridal style in the woods. Then I see my best friend walking right behind us.

"Chloe? What are you doing here?"

"I followed you and found him here so we are going to your m- friend's house for you to live there. He's a vampire like you so I'm sure you'll be great friends."

I don't reply and just look forward again.

Ryder looks at me, then asked, "Why did you run away from your old pack?"

"I wasn't happy with my life. I'm going to be honest with you. I was abused, bullied, and rejected so I decided to start a new life somewhere," I reply sadly.

"Do you mean you were rejected by your mate?" His voice grew louder by the end and his eyes turned darker with a hit of red from anger and... jealousy?

"Yeah, but he's nothing to me. I have a question for you though," He nods his head to encourage me to keep speaking, "Why do you smell so... amazing?" I blush when I realize what I said.

"I don't really know. I was going to ask you the same question. Are we mat-"

"Is that even possible?" I ask.

"We can ask my elder when we get to my coven."

"What's a coven, Ryder?"

"It's similar to a pack of wolves, but it's called a coven for us vampires," Ryder informs me.

"We're here. " He says.

I look around and see a huge mansion that is just magnificent. It has gates surrounding it and many vampires are roaming around the place. This must be the coven. I then realize there are several mansions around it. A secret society inbedded in the middle of nowhere.

"Okay, let's go," I add as we near everybody.