Chapter 3- Our old pack

Chapter 3- Our Old Pack

Chloe's Pov.

(Right after Natalie left the school doors.)

Well that was weird. I feel a little empathy as to what Natalie must be going through. All the constant pain would be unbearable for me to handle. I just feel so bad for her. She has a horrible life and I've done all I can to support and help her, although I don't think that's enough. Okay, back on topic. I seriously didn't know about Jake Dixson and Natalie being mates and I wish I didn't agree to being Jake's girlfriend. Big mistake. I was wondering, before he found out that they were mates, if Jake was finally going to settle down on one girl, but probably not after the occurring events of today.

I shake off my thoughts and head into my first period class, Health. Jake is in this class. I grunt at that thought and put all my stuff under my desk, except for paper and a pen.

I wrote down on a single sheet,

Jake-

We are just not gonna work out so I'm breaking up with you. I can't believe what you did to Natalie! Thanks for being an asshole.

Ps- Don't ever talk to me again.

-Chloe

I folded the paper and walked over to Jake's desk. I place the paper under some junk on his desk and head back to mine. The late bell rings and in comes Jake and his friends as they all laugh to whatever one of them said.

"Late passes, please?" Mrs. Crevon, our very strict teacher asks with a grin on her face.

"Well you see, there were these lovely ladies that we helped out and so there just wasn't time."

"This is the 6th time you've done this! This will be the last. Go to the principal's office once you are completed with your assignment on your desk, Jake Oliver Dixon!" Miss Crevon scolds him.

"Okay." Jake walks to his desk with an attitude and notices the note I wrote. He unfolds it as he picks it up. I watch as his eyes travel the paper from left to right over and over again while he reads it multiple times.

He walks to the trash can and throws the note in there, after he crumbles it up, not even acknowledging me. Not once did he make eye contact with me. Whatever.

The class settles down after Mrs. Crevon starts with the lesson.

All of my classes go by quickly. As I walk to my locker I realize something. Natalie skipped all of her classes. She never does this. Since we are both in honors classes, we almost never skip, unless it's an emergency.

I pack all of my stuff that I need into my bag and just as the bell rings for dismissal, I run out the doors. I take off my bag and clothes behind a tree, in the forest near the school and shift into my wolf. I grab my bag, containing my clothes, into my snout.

My wolf has a midnight blue colored coat and I'm 5 feet tall like a normal she-wolf. My eyes seem to turn into a bold blue whenever I shift in my wolf form.

I run and run till I reach the edge of the forest. I shift back to my human form and put my clothes back on. I walk into the house as I scream Natalie's name, obtaining no reply. I try again and get the same result. Okay?

I ran upstairs to her room amd swing open the door. The room looks emptied out. Omg... no no no no... she ra- no she didn't... did she?

I look around till I see her desk with a note on it. I slowly walked over to it and picked the soft paper up into my hands.

I read the note about six times before I could actually comprehend what was written on it. She's actually... gone.

No! She's not leaving without me! I run till I reach my house, going to my room and get a lot of my stuff together in a bag. I run out the door and head to the forest. Once I'm there, I take my clothes off, stuff them in my bag, and take off running in my wolf form when I shift. I followed her now faded scent for hours until I neared a lake. This is where a scent, other than hers, is in the air. It smells like a... vampire!

I finally see her about to take a nap but then... Snap! A twig snaps, so I hide behind tall bushes to observe.

I see a man that is really handsome and is obviously a pure blooded vampire. He has dark brown hair with a little mixture of dirty blonde in it, styled kind of like Paul Wesley's hair in the show Vampire Diaries. He has dark brown eyes that anyone could get lost in for hours. He's a little pale and is strongly built. Wearing a dark blue tight shirt, he shows off his abs. His dark blue jeans follow the dark color scheme as he's wearing expensive black shoes.. Too bad he's not my mate. I wish he was.

Because he's behind her, Natalie probably can't see him, but can definitely hear him. He zooms with his vampire speed, right behind her and wraps his arm around her waist. He whispers, "Don't fight it," so softly that if I weren't a werewolf, I wouldn't have heard it. Then, she gasped when he had bit down on her neck. It's just weird...

I can tell she's fighting to stay conscious and is failing. Then, as if a light bulb turned on, she just stopped fighting and welcomed the darkness. He let his fangs come out as he caught her when she fell. He laid her down and put her stray hairs in her face behind her ear.

I can't just watch anymore!

I step out from the bush and walk up to him after I shift back to human, utting my clothes back on.

His shocked face is priceless. I take this moment to question him, "Hello, that's my best friend right there so I would like to know what you want with her."

He then looked at Natalie and back to me.

What he said next is what left me frozen in place from shock.

"She's my mate."