Chapter 2- Bye

Chapter 2- Bye

Natalie's POV.

Pain.

Pain is all I feel right now. It feels as if a thousand silver knives were being stabbed into me then being twisted and turned till they're out then penetrate me again, over and over. Silver is the kryptonite for werewolves, and for me, so is wood. Perks of being a vampire too.

I fight and successfully hold back a tear as I hold my strong figure while Jake walks away.

"Well this is awkward... I'm sorry Natalie. I didn't know he was your mate. I'll break up with him?"

Oh shoot, I forgot Chloe was here. I looked into her blue-green eyes, "No, you don't have to. I'm fine. I gotta go though, I'm gonna skip. See ya!"

I didn't even give her a chance to reply as I ran out the school doors. I shrugged off my bookbag and didn't even care about ruining my clothes as they shredded when I shifted. My wolf is snow white with light to dark grey on my ears, paws, and at the end of my tail. I'm a rare wolf and rumors say I'm a royal but that can't be true cause I don't have powers like they do. I'm also 6 ft tall, which is bigger than an average she-wolf. I ran and ran till I reached my house and boy did that feel like it took hours. I couldn't help the tears that fell down my face nonstop as I shifted back to human form. I ran inside all the way to my room.

I can't take it anymore. The pain. Abuse. Blame. Sorrow. Anger. Rejection. I just... I just can't.

I grab my old little packing duffle bag and stuff it with all I have from clothing, my phone, earbuds, and anything that mattered to me. Oh, I almost forgot that I'm completely naked. Oops. I slip on my undergarments, put on some sweatpants, a tank top, and last but not least, my sweatshirt. I gather my bathroom supplies and put everything in my bag. Well, I gotta at least leave a note.

I got a pen and a piece of paper and started writing.

All I write is that i'm done with this place and goodbye forever. I say that I'm running away, as if anyone cares and that Jake is gonna regret rejecting me. I also wished everyone bad luck.

I write a special one for Chloe-

Dear Chloe,

I'm truly sorry but I can't just sit back and say this is okay. I'm fed up with everything and I can't handle it, so I'm making the decision to leave. Farewell, bestest friend ;) I'll miss you Clo. You actually cared for me and I'm so thankful for that, but I just have to go. I hope you have a wonderful life without me.

Bye, Girlie!

-Natalie

I sigh as I grab my bag and head for the door. I walk out and turn around to look at the house for the last time. I'm finally free. A smile is stuck on my face as I turn around and walk towards the forest.

I step behind a tree and stripped all my clothes off and put them into my bag. I quickly shifted into my wolf and picked up my bag with my teeth.

Run. Run as fast as you can. I tell my wolf conscious.

Ok, she says back.

After a while, my wolf, Katerina, whimpers, Why would he reject us?

I don't know and I don't care but it's OK. He's stupid to reject us and he'll regret it, trust me. We're fine, I assured her.

I can still feel the bond though.

I don't reply because I know it's true. All of a sudden, I feel a sharp pain erupting inside of me. I'm forced to shift back to human cause it hurts so bad.

"Arrggghhhh," I cry out. Then the truth hit me with a ton of bricks when I realize what's going on. He's being intimate with someone! Because of the bond, I can tell exactly who he's with, which is not a shocker cause they're always together when he's angry. It's Katie Jean Patterson, the most fake and popular girl in school. I can't stand her ignorant ass.

I stand up and shift again to start running. The pain is all gone but then I realize I'm hungry and need blood. I find a bunny rabbit nearby, sneak up on it, then snapped its neck to kill it. I then drank from it till it was fully drained. Sorry.

That will hold me off for a while. I run for a lot of hours till I decide to rest. I stop at a lake and shift into human form. I put on my outfit I had on earlier and decide to take a little nap.

That was, until I heard a twig snap, abruptly waking me up. A strong, muscular semi-cold and pale arm wrapped around my waist, which actually made me feel warmer...

I heard a deep masculine voice say huskily in my ear, "Don't fight it," That's when I felt a sharp pain in my neck. All I saw was darkness and the more I fought it, the more it hurt. Then, I remembered his words and decided it would be better to welcome the darkness since I had nothing to live for.

He caught me when I fell limply unconscious, letting the darkness consume and surround me...