Chapter V

Taren 

 As Drayven and I sit in Benihanas my phone begins ringing from a Private number.

I glance at it and put it back in my pocket.I glance back up at Drayven who appears engrossed in his menu.

"Girl you better answer that phone,it could be important."he says glancing from across the table.Our eyes lock before he smirks at me.

The phone continues to buzz in my pocket,I pull it out and look at it.I sigh deeply and answer the phone.

An auomated voice turns on.

"If you would like to accept this collect call from Los Angeles County Police Department  Facility press 1."It says.

Reluctantly I press One.

"Taren! Oh my god." When I hear Vanessa's voice on the other end of the phone and my heart drops.

"Vanessa?"I say unclearly.

"Taren,I'm in jail."she says sounding mad as hell.

"I see that,my question is why?"I say taking a forkful of food and shoving it in my mouth.

"Chasity bitch ass."she yelled.

"What happen?"I ask.She begins telling me about th huge fight at Shawns house and how she whooped Chasity's ass and she getting charged with assault.She said that Shawn was there too but she didn't know what his charges were.The waitress comes back to the table and Dray leans forward and pressed his arms against the table.

"Want me to order for you ma?"He asks closing the menu.I quickly nod,trying to listen to Vanessa clearly.

The waitress asks Drayven what he wants to order and he tells her,and she just glares at him.

Instead of looking back he glances down at his gold watch.

"Anything for you ?"she asks rudely.

I take the phone away from my ear so I can hear the waitress clearly.

"Aye, cut that shit, you see her on the phone."he says sternly glaring at her.

"Fuck You."she mutters to herself walking away.He frowns to himself and looks at his phone.

I immediately put mine back to my ear and Vanessa sounds even more agitated.

"Look T, just go to Shawns crib and pick up my bail money and come get me and we'll talk.

"Okay,I got it."

"Bye Baby."she says and hangs up the phone.I put my phone on the table face down and Drayven takes it and puts it in his pocket.He looks up at me and smiles.

"No more breaks man,your entitled to one call while we're out and that was your one."he says reaching his hand across the table.

"If you say so."I say awkwardly.

"I'm playing with you Taren,I just want your attention like you got mine is all."he says.

"Even though your the one who said take the call right?"I say, frowning.

He reaches across the table and touches my forehead.

"Frown lines aren't cute.Especially on big foreheads/"He chuckles to himself while I self consciously touch my forehead.

He reaches across the table and pulls my hand from my face and holds it.

He and I talk for the next twenty minutes until a different waiter comes out with our food.