Chapter II

When I awake the following day it's Saturday.I toss my blanket off and throw my feet onto the floor.I glance at my clock hanging on the wall and it read 12:45 p.m .

Shit.

Vanessa was supposed to be coming over at one o ' clock so we could get ready for Marshawn's 21st birthday party.We met him through another friend of ours.He was about 6'2,brown skin with a sleeve of biblical verses on each arm.He always had a real down to earth kind of attitude,he was passionate.As far as I knew Vanessa's had a thing for him since earlier this year.

My phone rings.Immediately knowing it's Vanessa I quickly grab a towel and my razor off the dresser and make a dash to the bathroom and slam the door shut behind me.With the immediate silence I realize I'm home alone.I turn on the shower extra warm and step under the spray.About two minutes later I hear a loud knock on the door.

"Oh sure , run and jump in the shower the second I call,you so disrespectful!" Vanessa yells on the other side of the door.

"Shut up Nigga!" I yelled.I hear her shuffle a brief mumble of an insult.She then kicked the door in and I pulled the shower door open and peeped my head out .

"Damn! I left the door unlocked anyways."I said.She wiped the imaginary sweat from her forehead.

"You see what you made me do."she claims.I just shake my head and close the shower door and continue lathering up.

"Hey Taren ,I hear Shawns party is gon' go up."

"I'd imagine so,everyone knows him." I say.

"I know ,like usually I don't go for gang bangers but- ."

We say in unison,"He just so fineeee!" We laugh briefly.

I turn the water off and grab a towel and wrap myself in it.

"What are you gonna wear?" she asks as she follows me out of the bathroom and into my bedroom.She flops onto my bed as I dig around through my closet.

"I don't know yet,maybe I'll throw on a pair of jeans and-"I start to say ,when she throws a pillow at my face.

"Bitch your a fool,you ain't wearin ' no damn jeans.You gonna be a baddie." she says fluffing my hair.

"If you say so." I say.She then grabs my hand and pushes me into my office chair,so she can work her magic.

Later that evening

We were climbing into her Red VW Toureg heading to Lakewood,where Shawns party would be held.She was blasting Wu-Tang Forever singing as I silently gazed out the window.Her car smelled of Bath and Body Works.

When we finally get off the 710 freeway she finally glances my way.

"What's wrong?"she asks.

"Just thinking,you look good."I say.Looking her over.She's wearing a pair of bleached high waist shorts a cream colored blouse and some cream Steve Madden's with a matching Michael Kors clutch.

"Oh thank you darling." she says in a fake British accent."You look good too."she says ,looking me over then biting her bottom lip.

"You fool!" I say slapping her thigh.

I'm wearing A fitted black pants suit, the sides are cut open and sheer and so is the back.A double ring on my fingers and a nice pair of Guess pumps.My hair curled to perfection.She wore a high bun,with a nice pair of Tiffany pearls around her neck .We looked stunning.

As we pulled up to the club , I couldn't help but notice a few things.There was no parking anywhere,cars lined the streets. There were guys standing out in front of the building;dressed in cargoes and crew necks.There was a line stretched all the way around the block.Girls in their leggings, with weaves that looked stiffer than a flag pole.Guys with their fake Versace belts and Nikes.I shook my head to myself.The building itself was almost entirely made of glass,from the outside you could see the neon and black lights shining,and the few people inside who managed to get through the security.