A Date, A Stake Out, and A Kiss: Part 1

"Lucy. You haven't said a single thing to me all week, I don't appreciate being ignored." Lockwood confronted her as she walked down the stairs Saturday morning. She was all dressed up wearing a short black skirt and a dark blue blouse with fancy heeled boots. Lockwood and George were surprised how well she handled heels.

"I don't appreciate people talking for me as if they know me."

"I do know you!"

"Hardly! You don't know how my mind works so butt out of it."

"What's going on now? Either way, I vote Lucy." The skull asked as Lucy walked into the kitchen with Lockwood behind her.

"Lucy is going on a date with Sam Saunders," George explained. "and Lockwood is being an idiot and won't just tell Lucy why he doesn't want her to go."

"It's hardly a date." Lucy said sitting in her usual spot.

"Then why dress up? Answer me that." Lockwood protested.

"Maybe I'm sick of dressing in moth-eaten sweaters and scraped up leggings all the time, maybe I'd like to look nice for once."

"You looked fine the way you were."

"I looked like Flo Bones after taking a bath with her clothes on."

"I don't think anyone's that dirty." George interrupted.

But Lucy and Lockwood ignored him, they carried on their fight all throughout breakfast and didn't stop there, they fought until finally, Sam knocked on the door.

"That would be for me. I'll be back when I feel like it, bye." Lucy said bitterly, then she opened the door and smiled at Sam. "I'm so glad to see you, I've been waiting for this all day." She said as she and Sam walked to a taxi, they began their date by going to a cafe.

"Unbelievable! She's unbelievable!" Lockwood shouted to George after Lucy drove away.

"Not really. What did you expect? You know as well as I know that if you try to force her to do one thing she's just going to do the opposite, she was going to say no thank you, I could see her forming the words but then you had to get jealous and freak out. You had the chance to ask her out, you kept her waiting too long, that's your fault, you have no one to blame for this but yourself. Please don't fire me."

"No, once again you're right. But I still don't like the idea of her being with that Sam, he's always bothered me."

"That's because he's always liked Lucy and isn't afraid to show it."

"Regardless, I'm going to follow them."