Chapter 3

Up until the last part of Trent's speech I didn't understand anything except eternity. And eternity was a big deal. It wasn't five weeks, it wasn't 50,000 weeks, it meant forever. And forever was a very long time. Did he really want me to be with him forever? He hasn't even drunk my blood yet and already he wanted to keep me. I thought eventually he would realize I wasn't going to die and that the satisfaction of the kill was never going to happen, I always heard that it was the best part; at least what I've overheard other vampires say. And eventually I would have to die anyways from old age unless... No I can't let that happen, I won't let it happen.

I started struggling in his grasp more and tried to push my feet to move away from him, but he held onto me tighter.

"Are you sure she is your beloved? That hasn't happened for centuries," the bald guy asked still wearing his shocked expression.

And there goes that other word again; Beloved. What was a beloved? I was about to voice my opinion on the matter, but Greg seemed to want to know the same thing that I did as he quickly talked before me.

Trent's eyes-that were now a pure black- looked down on mine, and held my gaze until they traveled back down to my neck and instantly turned that darker shade of red again. "That's not important now. What's important is how you would let such a beautiful woman like herself get these Monster marks. And by monster marks I assume you mean vampire bites." He averted his eves away from Greg's and looked back at me, "and I assure you we are not monsters."

Not monsters! I would love to see his family get murdered in front of his own eyes by vampires, and then tell me they weren't monsters. But that would never happen because he was already one of them. And the ruler of all them I might add.

"Oh, We were in the forest this one night when vampires came out of nowhere and attacked. I desperately tried to get them away from her, I truly did, but there was so many of them that I couldn't fight them off." Greg looked about to go into tears

What kind of shit was he talking about?! I knew he was going to lie, but seriously a camping trip? I would be shocked if the prince didn't see through that lie. But I had to admit the fake crying at the end did sound real.

"So what you're saying is that she got out of it with dents in her neck, and you came out of it with nothing but a little blood on your mustache?" I had to suppress a laugh as Trent criticized Greg's fashion choices as he took a threatening step closer to the blood covered mustache guy.

He let me go in the process but not before he leaned his head down and licked my neck. The gesture made my stomach go into a butterfly fit.

"I don't know what you are talking about," Greg replied, as he wiped a tear away from under his eyes.

"I suggest you don't lie to me. I know you brought her here so I could drink her blood. My guards told me there was some guy who would give me a girl to drink her blood for the cost of a little bit of money. Of course I agreed, because then I wouldn't have to catch my prey, It would be delivered to me." Trent turned his head around to face me and gave a smirk. "And a very good smelling one." He stuck his nose in the air for emphasis and sniffed the air. "And I will definitely be taking a good sip out of her later." With a quick wink in my direction he turned back around.

I shuddered and took some steps back until my back hit someone's hard chest. As I turned around I huffed in annoyance as it was another one of the prince's guards. They were everywhere around here!

"You have it all wrong. She wanted me to bring her here. You see, we are really low on money and so she offered to sacrifice her life for the greater good of our family. My niece is such a great girl," Greg tried to explain.