Chapter 25

"Are you sure you want to come? Maybe the opening day wouldn't be the best. I mean, I want everything to be perfect when you see it." Trent kept trying to change my mind of going to the re-opening of the blood bank, but I wasn't budging. I want to see it for myself.

This was the first time that blood bank would actually be filled with humans as doctors instead of vampires. Things would be so much safer, and it would give more people jobs. So I wanted to be one of the first people to see it in action.

"I'm going. Stop trying to change my mind." I crossed my arms over my chest in an I-dare-you-to-ask-again kind of way.

He threw his hands above his head. "You can come, I never said you couldn't."

I shook my head and followed him out the doors to a car parked outside. There were a lot of guards surrounding it waiting for us to get inside the vehicle without any harm.

One of the many reasons why Trent didn't want me to come was because of the riots that were happening beyond the castle walls. Drew, Kally's husband, told us that the security had to go up, and since he is the head of the army Trent went along with it.

I have no doubt in my mind that Jen was behind most of it; I just wish I knew what her plan was. I just wanted her to see things the way I did, but that would never happen. I already tried convincing the guy that visited me in the cell that everything was going to get better, and if he didn't believe me, Jen wouldn't.

And for all I knew she was already was trying to get rid of me.

Trent and I sat side by side in the car as we went by houses, but you couldn't tell if people were living in them, or if they were just abandoned. I tried not dwelling on it too much, so I stopped glancing out the windows all together.

We reached our destination faster than I expected. The outside of the place was painted a light blue with black letter above the white door that read "Blood Bank." To me it didn't look too inviting, but it was better than it was before. Before the renovations there was never any indication of what this place was for, people would just show up because they heard if they went they would get money, and although that was true, not everyone made it out alive.

The door of the car was opened and Trent and I walked to the door of the building.

I was hesitant to reach for the handle, but Trent didn't think for a second before he twisted it and a gust of air conditioner hit us in the face.

The inside looked nicer with small rooms all the way down hallways, and some doors were opened to see comfy chairs placed inside. People that were hired to work here were standing against a wall, bowing as Trent and I walked to the front desk.

A young woman walked up to us with her hair in a braided bun and a white polo shirt with jeans. Her name plate read "Val." She gave a small bow to Trent before saying, "It's great to see you your highness, and I overheard by some workers that the girl standing next to you--" She looked at me, then back to Trent "—wanted to see how the process works here for donating blood."

And that was the second reason he didn't want me to come, because I wanted them to take some of my blood. I wanted to show people that this place and the process were okay. I couldn't donate the blood because only the person I marked—or marked me—could drink my blood without getting sick. So Trent would get the blood bag when I was done. This made him slightly happier.

Trent looked at me with an are-you-sure-about-this look. Although he was happy about getting my blood, he wasn't happy about someone sticking a needle in my arm, I tried telling him I was fine with needles because of Greg, but that only made him hiss with anger, the only thing that convinced him to let me go, besides the blood, was that I would heal instantly.