Chapter 11

Chapter 11

            I lay in Travis arms until the rain slowed down into a sprinkle. I was still in shock at what had happened. Jack saved me, for some strange reason and wouldn’t even take my thanks. Something was wrong with him, and id want to know what is was.

            Travis pushed away from me and stood up. I whimpered at the lost of comfort, which made him sigh.

            “I'm sorry Kami, but I'm still not able to be with you. If Master saw us, we’ll be in way more trouble than now.”

            I knew he was right. I pouted, “I understand, buy I still want you here with me.” I sighed, “Why does it have to be so hard!” He was about to say something but someone called. He said a quick good bye and ran off running.

            I stood up from where I was sitting and went to look for my sister. I walked around the deck before hearing familiar giggles. I smiled and walked over to some crates were in a corner.

            "You aren't allowed in here dragon! Go away back to your cave!" I heard little Kai say. Jack shook his head laughing as my sister pretended to have a spear.

            "Roarr," jack roared. He seemed to forget about his cruel self and just let his childish side take control. I never saw this type of jack. The complete opposite from the guy I met the first time. "I can't believe I'm doing this," I heard him murmur.

            "Hey! Dragons can't talk!" Zuri explained pouting.

            Jack gave them a goofy grin. "I'm a magical-talking dragon." he said in a duh tone. The girls nodded their heads before going into. The makeup fort made of crates. Jack shook his head before standing up and looked around to see if anyone was watching. When his eyes landed on me his body tensed. I gave him a small smile and waved. The girls looked a little scared since they haven't seen me yet. Their heads poked out and when they saw me they looked relieved.

            "Quick Kami come in before the dragon gets you!" yelled Zuri. I laughed and shook my head.

            Jack never took his eyes off of me. "Please don’t tell the guys about this." jack pleaded.

            I raised an eyebrow. "Or what?" I knew I wasn’t going to tell any of them since one I didn't know them and two they are jerks.

            “I think the sharks would like a snack," jack glared at me. Yep he's back to his normal self again... How wonderful! Sarcasm intended. "That includes my brother."

            “Well you ruin my fun," I said sarcastically. A door slam behind me and a lot of yelling began. Jack cursed under his breath.

            "You girls stay under the crates. Don't come out before I tell you it's ok to come out." he grabbed my arm before pulling me away. “We have to go."

            He dragged me to the middle of the deck before letting go and ran to stand next to the master. He had a hard look on his face. Guess no more childish jack.

            The master turned to jack. “What is the damage?"

            "Not much. So of the crates broke but not much. We lost all the cages that were on deck," he hesitated. "There were only two survivors.  Travis was only able to get them out before the cage fell into the water."

            "Well where are them?" he asked. My body went cold as I glanced at where my sister and friend were hiding.

            "Well they are around 6 or 7 years old"—