Rant #9: Austin and Gielle Carlile.

I haven’t really talked about this much because I feel like it could be a touchy subject when it comes to Austin, but I just wanted to say a few things about it and tell y’alls a story, ‘kay?

I want to state that I DO NOT hate Gielle by any means. I don’t know the lady, but that doesn’t mean I like her either. What she did to Austin does anger me, but I think that if he’s over it, then we all should be too, right? However, I don’t think that cheating is an OK think to do, by any means.

Now here’s my story for you.

I was being a classic fangirl a few weeks ago to my brother when I was telling him my idea for a tattoo, which is some of the lyrics from The Great Hendowski by Of Mice & Men. That’s when I told him some things about Austin Carlile. My brother, being he curious cupcake he is, asked if Austin had a girlfriend, to which I said no.

I did say, however, that he was divorced, so my brother wanted to see his ex-wife. I showed him countless pictures of Austin and Gielle together and my brother actually smiled. Then he asked, “Why did they get divorced?”

I told him how she cheated on him and now she has a kid and is engaged (or married?) and he frowned and said, “That’s said, ‘cause you can tell he really loved her.”

Here’s the reason I told you this story. My brother didn’t know who Austin Carlile was, didn’t know about Of Mice & Men, didn’t know about Austin’s marriage, nothing, but he could tell just by some pictures of them together that Austin truly loved Gielle.

Doesn’t that just kinda make you rethink your views on their marriage/divorce situation?