Rant #7: What Chris Said.

Alright, I know that most of you have probably read about what Chris Motionless said to defend himself about the “we’re not preaching” comment he made in that Crescendo (?) interview. Now, I gots a little something to say.

Fortunately, I was not one of those people that the main point of that post was directed to, I think. However, I’m not gonna stand here and say that I haven’t said on here that Chris is my hero, because I have. BUT, not once have I EVER said this to Chris or anyone in a band for that matter. I wasn’t saying it for anyone’s attention; I was simply stating it as I thought.

What came to my attention the most about that post is he said it’s YOU who saved yourself, YOU are the hero, and he’s completely right. Just like I stated before, I have fallen a victim to the whole said band member “is my hero” thing, because honestly thinking about it now, they didn’t save me. It was myself, but I’m not saying that they didn’t help in some way shape or form.  So, I’m directing myself away from that whole scene of crap. Most people who say they were saved by said band member are lying and doing it for attention. You can believe as you wish, but I wasn’t one of those MANY. I meant it at the time. Now, looking back, I do see that it wasn’t Chris who saved me, or Andy or Austin or whomever, it was solemnly me. I pulled the razor from my skin, not them. And I realize that now, but when I said that I didn’t. I didn’t fully think what I had been saying through and I didn’t look at every aspect of it.

Now, I’m not much older but I have thought about it more, and I realize that I was wrong, and I am women enough and mature enough to say that I was wrong. I know I was wrong, and that’s what matters. You can call me a hypocrite or whatever, but I know what I think.

Now, as for the rest of the post, I feel like everyone over reacted SO SO SO much to what Chris said in the interview. You know that MIW has changed from where they were when Creatures came out and when Infamous came out. They’re very different, just like the members of the band.

I think that Chris was, in a way, and this is all just what think, these words never came out of Chris’s mouth, but I think that he was kinda trying to say that Motionless in White from the beginning have preached the ‘be yourself’ thing, and they’re stopping preaching this because if you DON’T know what MIW is about by now, or was about, THEN YOU NEVER FUCKING WILL. You know that they preached to be yourself and not give a fuck what people think and that’s not gonna change, but they don’t need to keep repeating that over and over and over again because frankly, that shit gets boring as hell.

Does anyone really want the same thing out of MIW? Really? ‘Cause if you did, then you would’ve stopped listening to them when Infamous came out, so anyone that turned their back on them when Chris said what he said is pretty much a hypocrite.

If you like a band for their music, then you have to realize that you can’t keep repeat the same thing or you’re not gonna get any sales on your music and no one is gonna keep listening. People just don’t seem to understand that.

I’m just annoyed with everyone’s whiny bullshit about MIW turning into cockstars, because they’re not. I'm not gonna say that I wasn't a little worried 'cause I was, but I also realized that they’re doing what they want to do with THEIR music. They started making music for THEMSELVES, no one else, and I think that they got away from that a little bit. Am I sad that they’re changing what I grew to believe was Motionless in White? Yeah, a little bit, But I do realize that they need to do this for themselves and no one else and if the old fans don’t like it then the new fans will take their place. Simple as that.

Broaden your horizons. Realize that you need to think about what someone is saying and read between the lines, think outside the box. If you did this then you wouldn’t be so fucking ass hurt about what Chris said. Take the quote that everyone fucking uses from Motionless in White and APPLY IT.

Open your mind before your mouth.

-KaleighInWhite