3. u

when tyler got home he realized his mom wasn't.

he saw a note on the counter.

'tyler, i had to leave early for work. get something to eat and i'll see you tomorrow.
love, mom.'

he read it and sighed. he didn't feel like being alone, again.

he went upstairs to his room to work on some homework. when he finally got bored he tried to pass the time by going on social media, which wasn't the best idea.

newsfeed filled with hateful remarks. most of them were from brendon and his friends.

his throat started stinging, meaning he was ready to start crying.

he got off of his bed walking towards the bathroom. he stared at his reflection. tears stained his pale face.

why was he so weak.

he opened the cabinet to see a familiar object. he reached for it with his shaking hands. the small sliver metal reflected in the dim bathroom light.

tyler held up the blade, examining it. he was becoming dizzy by the minute.

eventually tyler got scared. scared of himself. no, no he couldn't do it.

he dropped the blade in the sink, shaking. he ran back to his room gripping his phone in his hands.

he pulled the wrinkled paper out of his pocket as he typed the number into the keypad. he was shaking and crying, on the edge of a panic attack.

he pressed the phone to his ear. it rang three times before a sleepy josh picked up.

"hello..?"

tyler pulled the phone away checking the time. was it really midnight already? he pressed it back to his ear.

"hello??"

"j-josh?" tyler sobbed. he wanted to hang up.

"tyler? are you okay?" he heard josh start shifting out of bed on the other line.

"no, i'm scared."

"what happened?"

"i-i um" tyler wanted to tell him. "can you come over?" the words slipped out.

of course he's not gonna come over it's midnight! tyler thought.

"tyler what happened?" josh was worried.

"i-i tried to hurt myself just," tyler paused as the words got caught in his throat. "please, can you come over? i'm scared."

he heard josh mumble something before he heard a door open from josh's side of the call.

"yeah, yeah i'm coming. what's your address?"

tyler gave him his address before hanging up. he laid down in his bed tears falling as he silently cried.

:.。..。.:

tyler was about to fall asleep until he heard a knock on the door.

he got up stumbling down the stairs. he opened the door to reveal a very exhausted looking josh.

tyler knew he looked horrible, but josh didn't mind.

it caught tyler off guard when josh grabbed him into a hug. tyler whimpered, crying onto his shoulder.

tyler led them up to his bedroom. josh sat on his bed looking up at tyler who stood in front of him.

"did you do anything?" josh looked up at the small boy.

"no, at least not today." tyler avoided his eyes.

"can i see?"

"w-what?"

"your, um- can i see them?"

tyler knew exactly what josh was talking about. he wanted to see his scars. the scars that he had made not to long ago.

"o-okay"

he stepped back grabbing the end of his hoodie to pull it over his head. his shirt went up a little revealing his torso, which was covered in scars as well. josh gulped before tyler threw his hoodie across the room holding his wrists out to josh. josh lightly grabbed them grazing his thumbs over the washed out cuts.

"tyler, i-" a tear slid from josh's eye.

tyler looked down at josh, tears already spilling out. josh quickly got up to engulf the fragile boy in a tight hug. tyler fisted josh's t-shirt leaving the shoulder soaked in his tears.

josh laid down with tyler wrapping his arms around him. he knew they just barely met but he wanted to make sure tyler was safe. as tyler fell asleep in josh's arms, he wished he could have had this sooner.

a/n - yikes this is really bad.
i wrote this during math class waddup