Chapter 23. Questions and More Questions

KENNEDY'S POV

"Now, if I let you go do you promise to be a good girl and not run off and scream?" The man asked me as his hot breath fanned over my cheek. 

I nodded weakly, "Yes." 

The moment that his hold on me was released Stiles snatched me back up and held me tightly against him, I grabbed a hold of shirt and held on for dear life. His arm went around my shoulders as he let out a sigh of relief. I guess he has already forgiven me for the "lie" that I told. I don't know if I've forgiven him yet for believing that I would do that without even asking me. 

"Stiles, you're coming with me." The man said, I risked a glance at him to see that he was dabbing at the corner of his mouth with a white handkerchief. It was spotted red from Lydia's blood, how am I supposed to get her to a hospital? I can't carry her. 

"No I'm... I'm not just leaving them here." Stiles snapped as his grip on my waist tightened, for some stupid reason he pushed my body behind his to shield me or protect me. Well, my safety means absolutely nothing if he isn't safe too. 

The man chuckled, "You don't have a choice, Stiles. You're coming with me." 

"Just kill me, look I don't care anymore!" Stiles yelled. My eyes widened as the man grabbed Stiles by the throat and pulled him away from me. 

I panicked, "Stop! Please, stop!" 

"Call you friend. Call Jackson and tell her where they are. That's all you get." He said as he looked at me, obviously intending for me to call while he took Stiles. 

Stiles let out a shaky breath as he shoved the mans grip away from him, he turned around and held my face between his hands gently, "Call Jackson. Get her to a hospital. Stay there and wait for me, okay? I'm gonna explain everything, I promise." 

"No you can't leave with him--"

He then pressed his lips to mine swiftly and my heart stopped. I didn't have a chance to respond before he was pulling back, "Please do this." He whispered. 

I nodded slowly, "Okay." 

The man grabbed Stiles by the arm and jerked him away from me, pulling him across the field towards the school. I dropped my knees and scrambled around for my phone, I dropped it when the lights flicked on. My hands were shaking as I finally grasped it, dialing Jackson's number hastily. 

"Kennedy?" He answered breathlessly. 

"Lydia is hurt, come to the lacrosse fields, now!" I yelled in a panic. Jackson ended the call and I shoved my phone in my bra of my dress, not bothering with trying to hold a clutch. I crawled over to Lydia and tried to sit her up, but my arms were shaking and the blood from her wound was getting on my hands. 

I breathed out heavily as I continued to tug on her body, "Come on, Lydia... please don't die on me. I haven't even gotten to yell at you yet." 

Seconds later, Jackson slid beside me. He was asking too many questions that I couldn't answer. I watched in a daze as he scooped her up in his arms and started screaming at me to get up and follow him. Images were starting to flash through my mind, snapshots of things that hadn't made any sense before, but now they do. 

The Agent's, that night of conferences when I saw Allison's dad trying to hide his gun in his jacket. Why was he running around with a gun? 

Derek Hale, he was supposedly responsible for all of these murders and had tried to kill us that night at school, but why would the Argent's take him for that?