Chapter 9. Mall Invitation

KENNEDY'S POV

"So is there a reason why you don't want me to set you up on dates anymore?" Lydia inquired as she adjusted herself on her bed, cradling her chin in her hands whilst watching me snuggle up on the floor with my mound of blankets and pillows. She has some of the most comfortable blankets and pillows that I have ever seen.

I rolled my eyes and shot her a look, "I thought that was water under the bridge and we were moving on from the entire subject itself?"

"We are, I mean-- you're not gay are you? I mean if you are that's totally fine and I have no problem with it or anything but, if you are I kinda need to know." She stammered out awkwardly.

My eyes widened as I busted out laughing. Oh my god, she thinks I'm gay. I couldn't stop myself as I started to roll around, clutching at my stomach with tears streaming down my cheeks. The idea of Lydia trying to go on a double date with me and a girl was just too comical. I can't picture it without Jackson being a total ass and Lydia struggling to keep her composure and incessantly swirling a strand of her hair around her finger.

"Why are you laughing? I'm trying to be supportive!" Lydia snapped as she sat up, hastily tugging her short jade green gown down her thighs so I didn't get a glimpse of her underwear, or well-- more than likely lack thereof.

I wiped at my eyes as I coughed several times in attempt to stop laughing, "I'm sorry. I'm not gay though Lydia. I just really like someone and I don't want to possibly jeopardize anything with going on pointless dates."

The second I said the words my eyes widened and I sucked in a breath. Lydia smirked as she cocked her head to the side, the wheels already turning about who I could possibly have feelings for. I am praying that she would never put two and two together about Stiles. I can't even fathom how awkward that would be if she knew.

"So you like someone? I knew it! I knew that you had been keeping something from me!" She shouted as she sprung off the bed and joined me on the floor, entirely too excited for her own good at the moment.

I gulped as I tried to scoot away from her, "What? I didn't say that I liked someone. I--I don't like real people, remember?"

She grinned deviously, "Oh, I think you do. I think you like someone at school and that's why you've been acting so weird lately! Especially at lunch!"

Oh god. She's putting the pieces together! She's going to figure out that I like Stiles, the boy whom she doesn't even deem worthy enough for a simple hello. The boy who is seemingly non-existent in her world. The boy that her boyfriend makes fun of on a constant.

"And I know exactly who it is, too! I knew that you liked him ever since that day of lacrosse practice! You kept watching him, thinking that no one saw you!" She squealed loudly, grabbing at my upper-arm.

I gaped at her, "You--you knew this entire time?"

"Yes!" She chuckled in amusement.

My heart was hammering against my rib-cage as my breathing became erratic. This was it. Lydia had finally figured out that I have feelings for Stiles Stilinski. It's only a matter of time now before he finds out. He probably doesn't even like me. I don't know if I will be able to handle a rejection from him, especially since I've liked him for so long.

"I can't believe that you like Scott McCall." She grinned as she fell back onto my makeshift bed. I nearly choked as I gawked at her. I couldn't have possibly of heard her correctly.

"What did you just say?" I gasped as she shot me another smirk.

"Scott McCall? You obviously like Scott, I mean you made it so obvious." She remarked simply.

Of all the people in the world for her to think I like, she had to pick Scott McCall. I can't even-- why the hell does she think I like Scott? I mean, no offense he's cute and nice and all but Allison is really into him and we just don't click in that way. Plus, I don't look at Scott. I look at Stiles, who happens to always be standing beside Scott... maybe that's why she thinks I like him.

"Lydia, I don't like Scott." I sighed and shook my head from side to side. She won't let this go, I already know that. Her fascination with Scott is a bit unsettling, and I honestly think that if Jackson knew-- he'd kick Scott's adorable little ass.

Lydia chuckled, "Kennedy... sweetheart, it's okay. I'm not going to tell Allison. I mean, unless you want me to-- I can have Scott McCall wrapped around your little finger by tomorrow afternoon. Unless you want to try and win him over the "old fashion" way."

"Lydia, there will be no "winning" Scott over in any way. I do not have feelings for Scott McCall." I stated flatly, praying that for once I would be able to get Lydia Martin to drop something without making a major deal about it.

She rolled her eyes in distaste, "I understand why you do, he's the new Top Dog at the school. He's making Jackson look like a fool therefore making me look like a fool. I swear, of all the times for Scott to actually be someone important he picks now."

"What are you talking about?" I asked in confusion. I have known that Lydia takes being the best entirely too far, but for her to insinuate that Scott planned on becoming a great player overnight... that's a little harsh.

Lydia glanced at me like I had grown a second head, "You can't tell me that you actually believe that he isn't using some sort of enhancer. Him and his stupid side-kick have sucked since the beginning of time but now all of a sudden he's the star athlete of the school? I mean I know you're naive Kennedy but come on, you're not that dim."