Chapter 10. Mountain Lion

KENNEDY'S POV

"No, he just texted me and told me that he's at Macy's." I sighed over the phone to a very nosy Danny. I had informed him that Stiles and I were hanging out after school at the mall today and ever since he has been pestering me about it being a date. 

Obviously it isn't a date because I know next to nothing about Stiles, this whole shopping trip is just a way to get to know him better-- and maybe that will lead to going on date's. Who knows? I mean, we could wind up hating each other after today, I pray to god that isn't the case, but I have no control over it. 

Danny chuckled, "This is so exciting. Don't over-think anything, just be your usual charming self and everything will be fine."

"I'm not even that nervous, to be honest." I mumbled as I glanced around for Stiles. I don't see him, but he did say he was at Macy's... and it's a big store. I'll check the upper-level, that's where the girls department is anyway. What I told Danny was true, I am nowhere near as nervous as I usually am whenever I'm around Stiles. 

I made my way to the escalator and rode it to the top patiently while I listened to Danny ramble on the other end of the phone, "You two are going to wind up together, I already know. And when you two are together I'm going to give you a big fat "I told you so" because I so called this from the beginning."

"You know you're getting a bit ahead of yourself, Danny boy. Stiles probably doesn't even like me in that way." I chuckled as I stepped off the escalator and glanced the upstairs for the aforementioned boy who I was head over heels for. 

He scoffed, "Oh believe me, he does."

My eyes then locked on Stiles, he was at the fragrance counter. I watched in amusement as he went to spray the perfume so he could smell it but it wound up spraying all over his face. He sneezed and started to cough loudly before putting the bottle back on the counter, the sales lady gave him an annoyed look as he continued to cough. God he was so cute. 

"I found him, I'll talk to you later." I chuckled to Danny as I continued to watch Stiles cough and sneeze. He was now wiping at his face with the sleeves of his plaid shirt. 

"You better give me all the details! I'm talking dirty details, Ken! I want to know if you two end up having sex in the bathroom!" Danny called out as I rolled my eyes and shoved my phone in my bag. Stiles and I will most definitely not be having sex in the bathroom, that I can be sure of.

Without wasting another second I walked over to the adorable spaz and called out his name, when he caught sight of me he froze. He looked entirely too cute for words, and that's when the nervousness began to creep back in. I need to get a hold of myself, I do not want to ruin this shopping trip.

"Kennedy, hey. I've been... uh, waiting." He rushed out awkwardly, glancing at the fragrance counter in embarrassment. The sales lady shot him another look and his eyes widened as he grabbed my arm and led me away from that specific spot. His hands were warm and sent a jolt of something through my body from their touch. 

"So, what did you want to shop for? Clothes? Shoes? Bags? Jewelry? Preferably anything but perfume at the moment." He chuckled as he stopped pulling me, we were now standing in front of the clothing department. 

I chuckled, "I was planning on some clothes shopping. Is that okay with you?" 

"Absolutely... totally." He exhaled as his eyes locked on my face. I have no idea what he's looking at, is there a zit forming on my forehead or something? Oh my god that would be the worst possible thing in the world right now.