Chapter 3: Emotions

“So how was dinner?” J asked down the phone later that evening.

“A disaster! When we finally got to the restaurant, half an hour late because of a group of escaped flamingos!” I guessed his expression. “Don’t ask!” I said quickly. “Anyway when we got there the twins were totally hyper, because they had two chocolate bars on the way there, and then they decided to tie the waiters shoe laces together so he tripped over and all the food he was carrying went all over the floor. After that they tore part of my dress, put vinegar in an old couple’s tea and then we got kicked out!” By this point he was laughing hysterically.

“So bad bad then!” He said still laughing. “Wait, did you say dress!”

“Yes! It was either a pink frilly nightmare or the old bunny outfit”

“Ooh, bad!”

“Yeah! Oh why was I forced to go! I knew it would be a disaster!”

“Shame nobody ever listens to you!”

“Yeah, I know what you mean!”

“So how did Mr. Perfect take his dinner dilemma?”

“Nice title.” I laughed.

“It’s a gift.”

“Ha, you wish!” He laughed again to. “Anyway he took it so badly! When we got kicked out he flipped and started having a tantrum in front of everyone! It was so embarrassing! Then as soon as we got back he shut himself in his room and refused to come out!”

“How embarrassing for you, especially in a dress!”

“Yeah I know! And then I was told that I had to look after whinny little Sarah while my mum and dad took care of Jack. It’s so unfair! Then to make matters even worse she refused to listen to me so I shouted at her and now I’m grounded for a week, how unfair!”

“Wait, does that mean you can’t come to the museum tomorrow?”

“No, I can still come. It’s too late for a refund.”

“Good. Anyway that’s pretty harsh when it wasn’t even your fault!”

“Exactly! Anyway I better go, I’m not really allowed to use my phone either but I told them I had no credit.”

“Sneaky!”

“Yeah I know. I’ll see you tomorrow ok?”

“Ok, see ya Ali.”

“Bye J!” I said ending the call.