Fame...? Or Naw?

Breakfast. Was. Lit.

Oh, my god, this restaurant was so good that I literally almost fainted when I saw my pancakes and almost felt like heaven. My shoulder was sorta little in pain, but I could manage without the cast. I was supposed to wear it, but I was out and didn't want to embarrass me.

"Thanks," my dad said giving the lady behind the counter the check. She was jaw dropped, probably because he was there and everyone knew him.

Once we got outside, there was paparazzi outside and catching photos.

Dad held me close and hid my face with his hat and made it cover my face while we kept walking.

I was sorta walking in black since dad didn't want my face exposed to the public, but I could still hear the questions going on.

"Who is this girl you're with?" "How come there's a little girl with you, Chris?" "Another family member of the family?"

Chris picked me up and started running away quick since I kept my face covered with his hat and heard a car door open and me being put in.

I took a quick peek and saw the paparazzi still chasing after us, and dad got in the driver's seat and started the car before leaving the parking lot.

*SKIP TIME*  

Dad parked in the city's parking spots and put the car in park.

We sat there in silence before I looked over at him with concern while he was frustrated. "You know, for once, I'd actually like to hang out in public without any of those people getting in my face. Now everyone's gonna is asking online about who I was with."

I kept silent, and he looked at me. "I just don't know if you're really into the whole fame thing since you probably can't handle it."

"I can," I said. "It can't be THAT bad."

"It is... To have random groups of camera people getting in your face and taking photos and asking so many questions to just push you around. That is not funny to deal with every day."

I made a 😕 face and he said: "Come on, follow me."

He got out of the car before I followed him. There weren't that many people out today since it was still nice, but it's Cali. It was only Monday, so...

Dad sat down on the bench and I sat next to him before he said "You know... I had actually seen you in the past before..."

I was shocked to hear that first start of a conversation. "Really?" I said in a shocked face. "You'd know how I looked before?"

He nodded. "You were at Boston and you went to this park that had a pretty painted fence and a wall too. They allowed the kids to go and paint there, and I saw a lot of kids one-day painting and you accidentally forgot something, so you went to head back to the orphanage before bumping into me."

I was literally feeling like it was my imagination playing tricks with me, but it was real.

He continued on with "I remember your face being the same face I see every day, and it was clicking to me that I have seen you before, but I don't think you knew who I was. Probably a stranger, but now a dad."

I laughed and then looked at my shoes. "It's weird to remember these things... It's pretty cool tho..."

"Yeah."

There was silence before I asked "How come you really actually adopted me? I was just never expecting you to be my dad. I'm happy now, but still..."

He was sorta trying to explain it, but his face was trying to find the answer. "I was just having this weird feeling about you when I saw you at the park again with your camera and everything else. It felt like a connection going on, and it felt surreal and happy to me."

"It just never got to me, but I am happy you my paw."

He smiled and said, "I'm happy you're my little Carls."

I laughed and leaned onto him while he wrapped his arm around me.

"I'm cool with the fame tho, so..."

He looked at me with shock.

I smiled back at him and looked ahead.

Fame was my answer. 

Yasss...