They can never replace my real family (FullMetal Alchemist fanfic)

This is my new fullmetal alchemist story. if you haven't seen conqueror of Shamballa, you'll probably be confused about the alchemy part, so:

In CoS Ed can't use alchemy. Ok? of course...that's what he thinks :) Close to the end more and more will be reveled, So hope you like this story! Read, Review and Vote!

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"NATASHA!!! JAMIE!!"

A few loud yells, some footsteps, "COMING DAD!!" a family got into a car and sped off to the Orphanage. Today was a good day, the day when Natasha and Jamie would get to meet someone new for the family...an 18 year old boy with blond hair and golden eyes. A boy known as Edward Elric.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Humankind cannot gain anything without first giving something in return. To obtain, something of equal value must be lost. That is alchemy's first law of Equivalent Exchange. In those days, we really believed that to be the world's one, and only, truth.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Chapter 1

I lost my mother when I was young, my father left us before our mom died, me and my brother, Alphonse, tried to bring her back with Alchemy...

human transmutation, the ultimate taboo, that's what we tried, and that's how we lost in the very beginning.

I lost my leg, and truth said that was the price I paid, when I realised he had taken Alphonse away too, I gave up my arm, but I was only able to pull his soul out and bond it to an armor, our old friend Winry Rockbell made me some automail, fake limbs, right arm and a left leg.

---about two years ago---

Then, on this other side of the gate, a man saw me on my own, so I ended up in this orphanage, it's funny, really, I never imagined myself like this. And without alchemy I suppose the orphanage I for the best, who would want me anyway? I was an 17 year old boy with a past still no one knows... I hate it if they say, I'm "Unknown" I was, no, Am, the fullmetal alchemist! And i'm gonna get back to my brother...If 'truth' wasn't doing this! of course, Unkown is what I am to these guys...To them, I'm just some normal..kid..

"Edward!" a voice called, it was Ms.Vanessa, she ran the orphanage and was divorced, she hated me the most and was always looking for a chance to send me away, "There's a family here to see you!"

I went down the stairs hoping to see something normal. Sure enough, they were. A middle aged man with black hair and brown eyes stood next to his wife who had brown hair and green eyes, both staring at me happily.

It took five minutes, then Ms. Vanessa gave them the adoption papers, packed my stuff and sent me off.

I was dumped into the back seat of a car where I came face to face with two other people. One was a girl with brown hair and brown eyes, she was smiling at me and she looked like she was six or seven. The other was a boy with black hair and green eyes, he was busy listening to music so I suppose he didn't care, he looked around my age.

It was really weird being in the car with them so I just stared down at my hands, a few words coming out of my mouth as replies, mostly "yes" or "No".

---Present time---

"Kids! time for dinner!" Veera shouted. I was still uncomfortable calling her, 'mom'. I knew I would never be able to though."Coming!" We all shouted. Natasha was clinging to me after fighting with Jamie again. this was the new daily routine. We woke up, they went to school, I stayed home. It was my choice and I decided not to go. When they came back they'd find my sticking my head into my old notebook, mumbling things like, "How to get back?" and "I hope their all ok." or "Maybe I missed something?" They'd always keep their mouths shut but I knew sooner or later they'd want to know. I don't know what to tell them about Alchemy. Then after that we had lunch, watched TV, I'd help Jamie out with some work...if I wanted to. But I'd help Natasha more. She was just as curious as me and Al. Then the fights would begin.

"Ok, what's up now?" Veera asked, as soon as she saw Natasha crying into my jacket. I was gonna say something but then Natasha pulled her head off my jacket, "I was coloring and Jamie snatched my book, when I told him to give it back he just said 'no way' and wouldn't give it even after Ed told him too." Then she started crying again.

"Jamie Stewart! You give Natasha her book back right now!" Jamie just looked at Natasha, then Veera, Tom, Lastly, me. Then gave the book back. "here" he mumbled.

"So Nat" Tom, my 'father' started at we sat down. "How's school going?" Natasha looked at him happily then started talking instantly, "Well, there's going to be a play soon! We're gonna play something written completely by the school's writing-club! I got one of the best parts!"

"That's great, sweety." Veera said. "when is it?"

"On the 14th! I hope you guys can come! Especially Edward!" I practically chocked when I heard that, luckily Jamie hit me in the back a little so I could breath properly again.

"Wha-?" I didn't know what I got myself into! Was it even me? "Me? Why?"

"Oh, c'mon Eddy! I know you'll like it! Just come and watch!"

Veera, Tom, Jamie and Natasha looked at me, giving up, "Fine" I mumbled.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hey! Hope you like it soo far! Pls comment! :)