Chapter Seven

~Jax~

It was strange. Sean grabbed my face and the next thing I know is that I'm watching a scene before my eyes. I was in a forest, and it was dark outside. The only light was coming from the moon goddess. Her light shone between the trees and cast shadows all along the forest floor. All of a sudden, a beautiful woman appeared. She looked to be in her thirties. She was running though, as if something was chasing her. I followed after her, trying to see what has upset her so terribly. As I ran after her, I saw a man and a little boy. They're humans. But the older man looked very familiar. I just couldn't put my finger on it. Then I see wolves. But not any ordinary wolves, these are wolves from my pack! My father is leading them with his beta and his third in command right behind him. They ended up cornering her. She then turned into a cat.

She was a werecat? They are very rare.

I watched from behind a tree as my father and the beta and third command circle around her. They were all growling at her. I then looked over to the man and the child, and the child was crying, holding onto the man. I'm assuming they were father and son. The man was now crying as well. The mom was looking at them from the corner of her eye. There were sorrow and love inside them. I started crying myself. It felt like I was connected to them emotionally somehow. This pain was unbearable. Also, considering that my father was going to kill a woman for no apparent reason, I was pretty upset. I knew my father could torture people to get answers, and that he killed rouges. But they were all werewolves. He had never killed a different species before and I was upset. The father I knew was better than this.

Then all of a sudden they all attack her, my father going first. He went straight for the kill. I gasped and covered my mouth. As my father went in for the kill, I felt a pang in my chest. I then looked toward the father and son and saw that they were both crying. The man fell to his knees, and I was overwhelmed with such pain in my chest that I fell as well. It felt like my heart had been ripped out of my chest and torn to a million pieces. The pain I was feeling was unbearable. I started to cry. I then realized that the man and woman were mates, and this must have been what it felt like to lose a mate. I don't know how he went on. Usually, people die when they lose their mates. However, he was human, so he was able to stay alive, just continuously mourn the death of his mate. After my father left her for dead, the father and son ran up to her. Once a werecat or a werewolf dies in their animal form, they go back into human form. She was naked.

"Mommy?" The little boy asks while crying.

"Mommy! Wake up please!" The boy was sobbing. He had just witnessed his mother's murder. And there was nothing he could do to help her. If he interfered, both he and his father would have been killed.

"Daddy, why isn't mommy waking up?" The little boy asked.

"Sean,"

Wait. Sean. That is Dakota's and Layla's brother's name. If that is Sean, and if that is Mr. Kennedy, then that means...

That was their mother. Mr. Kennedy's mate. Dakota and Layla's mother.

Who they think fucking fell to her death from forty-five feet!

This is awful...

"Mommy is gonna sleep for a long time now. She won't be waking up. She's gonna be in a peaceful sleep and nothing bad will happen to her. Just know, that mommy loved you so much. Don't you dare ever forget that. Okay, Sean?" Mr. Kennedy said.

"Okay, daddy. Please don't fall asleep soon. I want you to be able to wake up." Sean was still crying and Mr. Kennedy joined him. I was holding myself in a ball and crying. Then I didn't feel that pain. And the scene in front of me started to disappear. Before I knew it, I was looking back at the older version of Sean.