The Solution to an Absolution

Mephiles' words taunted Silver after he left. He knew he should regroup with everyone but the actual fact of Shadow never being around again, sure he'd been mad and hurt feeling betrayed that his father would do anything with another woman but death was not what he had wanted. At the time it was a thought but for it to actually happen he realized it's too extreme; but if that was too much and an apology didn't feel like enough, he wasn't sure what he really wanted from his father that he realized all too late that still did everything for his best interest in mind; even if he made a mistake here and there; this was just one of the few and he was cruel to not forgive him sooner. Flashbacks of childhood memories spent with the dark hedgehog flooded into his mind propelling his feet to run back into the emptied city still smoking from the blast that killed everything within its reach. Hot tears stung down his muzzle as he began calling out for him, not as a professional agent on duty like he'd usually address him, but as a son again who needed his father's guidance and wisdom from his past experiences. The echoes of his shaky cries filled the empty ruins but all he was able to recover was the charred over chaos emeralds in the rubble and dust of the first city that fell.

Doom peeked up in his throne the loud boom shaking the rock, a great amount of power from the city just diminished but a great darker energy came closer, the exact one that has been calling for him and any other willing to answer its call. A fuming shadow still solidifying on his door step let him draw near.

"This is the power they have been hiding! It has come to me instead. I truly am worthy of controlling such amazing strengths. Come, as your new master commands it!" He held out his scaly hand to the ragged formed hedgehog in a purple swirling mist the crystallized quills shiny brightly the scepters shattering as the finishing collection was brought together and the entities trapped inside absorbed by the demon hedgehog beginning to emit a spark that sent out a buzzing noise like electricity as the power got acquainted with in the new body. Mephiles' super form or rather his true form revealed the shining green irises set dead on the alien the bloodshot red of his outer eyes like a vast space of hell let Doom know he was outmatched.

"Come on command? That's a privilege you haven't got the talent for. The only one who can command me to do so is waiting for me down there, and--" he stopped with a slight click going off in his mind. Out of everything that's been broken, something had fixed itself and fit perfectly in place. "Ah, Shadow I thought your words would have taken more time to set with me, but now I understand them I too have a level of devotion to someone to do all in my power to make sure they live on."

"What are you mumbling about. Kneel before me and destroy this planet for my ruling!" Doom ordered summoning a ball of dark energy from his hand.

"But unlike your son, mine will know nothing of me if I am to let myself waste into dust for others... So those who dare to threaten my rule and future legend.." Mephiles clear muzzle split open to a jagged tooth smile a black substance dripping from the long teeth onto the floor as he met the aliens eyes with his reptilian gaze, "will BURN!~"

--

The first blast from the city left everyone with turned heads to the dying light of Chaos energy.

"Amy stay here!" Sonic warned grabbing her back from running toward the blast.
"Silver!!! Where is he!? He hasn't come back yet I have to go find him! He couldn't have been left back there!" She cried yanking and pulling away, "Sonic you have to help me find him!"
"Well did you try calling Shadow? Maybe they met up together?" Sonic tried talking some sense into her before she went running off into a fresh bomb sight.

"Sorry," Rouge stepped in, "But Shadow's radio has been static since the blast."
"What?!" Both Sonic and Amy questioned with disbelief.
"Commander Towers has been trying to reach Silver but his line is quiet too."