Happy Life

Getting married to Nick was not something I dreamed of doing when we first met. Marriage never appealed to me, but Nick changed my mind. Since he wanted a wedding I demanded we do the whole charade. Thankfully I didn't have to organize it because my fiancé was amazing and let me hire a wedding planner to organize it for me. No stress and no wedding drama, it made everything a lot more enjoyable for everyone. I was currently holding Matthew who was ruining my wedding dress while Nick was taking pictures with his friends. The guys were having a great time, laughing loudly, joking around and being the center of attention. Seeing that bright smile upon Nick's face made my day.

"Can I hold him?" Zoey asked, reaching for Matthew.

Handing Matthew over I watched her smother him with kisses. Matthew laughed, his baby laughter reaching Nick who glanced over his shoulder and met my gaze. It was odd how he could mess around with his friends and still notice little things about Matthew and me. Like he had a sixth sense when it came to his little family.

"It seems that Mister control freak isn't so grumpy about the honeymoon anymore."

"No, he's not so grumpy anymore."

Zoey's eyes traveled to her boyfriend, "Evan went all out on buying Matthew stuff for his stay."

I laughed, actually picturing it, "He knows he is only babysitting him a week, right?"

Zoey glanced back at me, "He knows, but he keeps insisting that it's his duty as Matthew's godfather."

"I'm glad Matthew has Evan and you in his life."

Me confessing that to her without warning made Zoey blush. She buried her nose in Matthew's dark hair, a small smile spread across her face.

"You're my family." Zoey told me, "I'd do anything for you and Nick." She gently hugged Matthew to her, who took the opportunity to grab her hair and tug it, "And for this little boy." She whispered, blowing him kisses which Matthew seemed to enjoy.

I ran my fingers through his dark locks, "Stop flirting with Zoey."

"Since it's you, I'll allow it." Evan told Matthew, taking a seat beside his girlfriend, "Isn't it time for bed yet, Matthew?"

The loud squeal that followed told us all how Matthew thought about going to bed. The excited looking Matthew moved in Zoey's arms, reaching for Evan. It worried me that he suddenly moved like that but thankfully Evan was right there beside Zoey and took over. He took Matthew in his arms and kissed the little boy's hair.

"Come on, let's join your dad and the guys." Evan got to his feet and looked at us, "It's time for you to get ready, Em. The car is waiting."

While Evan entertained Matthew, his girlfriend helped me slip out of my white dress. Once dressed in more comfortable clothing for our flight, Nick and I said goodbye to our friends and family. My dad was staying in town together with Max, wanting to spend time with Matthew. Luckily Evan didn't mind at all and gladly took it upon him to entertain them.

"Don't forget about our deal, Zoey," Nick warned his friend.

Zoey rolled her eyes at him, "I'm keeping my phone with me at all times." She reassured him.

Evan wrapped an arm around Zoey's waist, leaning closer to his girlfriend who was holding a sleeping Matthew in her arms. He placed his hand against Matthew's back and flickered his eyes back to us.

"We got it, Nick. Would you just go already!"

I pressed my lips together to make sure I wouldn't laugh in my husband's face. Nick noticed and narrowed his eyes on me in warning. Without saying another word I climbed into the backseat of the car and scooted to the corner, making room for my husband. Nick eventually sat down beside me and placed his hand on my knee, giving it a squeeze.