Precious Nick

Getting dressed in a loose-fitting sweater dress, I pulled on some tights and shrugged on a leather black jacket. Nick stepped into the bedroom confused to see me all dressed up and dolled up so early in the morning.

"You have plans, Em?"

I ran my fingers through my curls, loosening them, "Yeah,."

He walked past me, entering the bathroom to check up on his hair, "Meeting Brandon?"

Standing in the doorway I watched Nick fix his hair, his eyes flickering to me, "Can I catch a ride with you?"

"Of course." He held my gaze for a minute, a smile spread across his handsome face before he focused back on himself, "You look beautiful."

It always surprised me when Nick complimented me like that. I was marrying that guy, but I still blushed whenever he called me beautiful. Stepping closer to my fiancé, I placed my hand against his back and leaned in, pressing a kiss to the corner of his mouth.

"Love you."

His face lit up, "You're being sweet this morning." He told me, turning around and wrapped me up in his arms, "It makes me want to keep you to myself."

"We could do that."

He laughed, his laughter echoing through the bathroom, "Unfortunately I have a busy day at the office. Dinner and a movie tonight?"

"Yes."

He pulled away from me and exited the bathroom, "I'll grab my jacket and we'll head out."

I grabbed a pair of ankle boots from the closet and met my fiancé in the living room. Holding onto the back of the couch I slipped on my boots and glanced up meeting Nick's worried gaze.

"You okay?"

I brushed him off, "I'm fine. Meet you back here around seven? Or you need more time?"

His frown told me he wasn't quite happy about that, "You going to stay at the club?"

"It's Brandon's day off. I'm going to spend my day with him."

Nick headed to the front door and held it open for me, "Wouldn't he want to spend his day off with his girlfriend?"

His reluctance made me glare at him, "What is your problem?"

He locked the door and followed after me, "I'm just asking a question."

I pushed the button to the elevator and turned to look at Nick who started to annoy me, "No, you're subtly trying to tell me not to spend my day with Brandon. What I don't understand is why you don't want me to do that."

Nick didn't seem fazed by me, "I just didn't know that talking to Brandon about the wedding would take all day. It surprised me that's all."

Once the elevator arrived I stepped in and still glared at Nick who stepped in after me. He pushed the button to the ground floor and stood in front of me, not facing my glare.

"Nick, you want me to come home after my talk with Brandon?"

"Just drop it, will you?"

"I just want to understand what's going on."

Nick sighed and spun around, facing me, "Fine, I'll tell you, but you tell Brandon you were being relentless. That I had to tell you because you weren't dropping the stupid conversation."

Now I was worried, "Nick, please just tell me what's going on!"

"Brandon wanted to surprise you tonight." Nick gently brushed his knuckles over my cheek, "Calm down. It twists my heart to see you so worried." He reached for my hand and brushed his thumb over my engagement ring, "Wanted to come over with Sacha and spend some time with you. He didn't think you'd plan to stay with him all day."