Chapter Three

Author's Note: This story is so relatable for me that I just kinda brainstorm using my own experiences. If you have any questions regarding Happy Ever After, PM or comment, darlings. I love you all. 

Happy Ever After

Chapter Three

Bella

I stared up at the dark sky of Forks, Washington, and wondered for the billionth time why the hell I'd chosen Washington of all places. 

Well, first off, it was pretty logical. Not a lot of sun, very vampire-friendly climate.

That was basically my only argument. 

It was still a good place to go. Regardless of any dumb reasons. 

I'd been enrolled into Forks High, and don't ask me where I got the funds. Turns out that Port Angeles Runaway Shelter provides great financial aid for, well, runaways. And the best part is that the school has no idea that I don't have a home. 

The problem was that I could only stay at the Shelter for a maximum of two weeks. So, I'd be out on the streets before the end of the month. Which really sucked, because I knew exactly where I'd have to go if I wanted to keep my presence in America a secret from Social Services. 

The Alleyway. 

It was a cold, dark alley with trash littering its corners, and you couldn't see your hand in front of your face no matter what time of day it was. Not to mention, although considerably warmer than England, it was fucking freezing down there. So, no, I was not looking forward to the Alleyway.

But, there was nothing I could do, so I resigned myself to making the best of it. 

I also knew that I probably shouldn't use my real name at Forks High, but I didn't think that Her Majesty would call anywhere in America to find me. So me being the foolish idiot I am, I decided to use the name ISAbella Swan (because swans were the shit). With Bella as a nickname.

That was something else that I had never understood. My parents hadn't gone with the logical choice of Isabella, but just Bella. My full name was Bella. Not Isabella. Or Arabella. Or anything else with something before Bella. 

Just Bella. 

Anyways, I had caught what the Americans call "the red-eye" to Seattle, landing at 7 AM on September 14, when I proceeded to make my way to the Shelter, and here I was, trying to figure out what the fuck I was supposed to do. 

My first day at Forks High would be September 15, which would mean that my last day at the Shelter would be the 28th. 

Lovely. 

So I decided to look for a better place to stay at once I was kicked out than the Alleyway. 

I found a dilapidated bicycle leaning on the back of some abandoned building, and rode all the way from the Shelter into Forks, which should've taken a really long time, but as I was part immortal, it took no longer than twenty minutes of my time (of course, staying on the backstreets to avoid human contact was a bit difficult. If a human saw a teenage girl riding a bicycle at an inhuman speeds, they might just have a heart attack.)

Once I arrived in Forks, I immediately went to the library, where I knew there had to be at least one computer. And I was right. The library had exactly one computer. 

But lucky me that the town was next to deserted, so I didn't have to wait in the nonexistent line for the ancient-looking Dell. 

Help wanted in Forks, Washington