Prologue

Author's Note: Before we get this show on the road, I'd just like to say that the more ... let's say depressing parts of this story, are based on my own life. The reason I'm telling you this is because I want you to know that this is all real shit, so don'tt flame it. Don't say shit like "Oh this isnt how someone would react!" Cause that's most likely how I reacted, and trust me, no matter how dirty my mouth is, I still have feelings. 

That being said, I must warn anyone now, this story includes the following: cutting, eating disorders (only when Bella was fully human), depression, suicide, singing (Skillet, Paramore, Icon For Hire, Panic! At The Disco, The Red Jumpsuit Apparatus, etcetera, etcetera), and abuse.

Happy Ever After

Prologue

"C'mon, Rose, you're almost there!" Emmett Cullen pleaded to his wife, her sweaty hands clasped tightly in his cold and large one. His attractive features were contorted into a pained grimace at seeing his beautiful mate in such anguish. 

Carlisle hovered over them, doing his best to make sure the baby was safe. "Alright, Rosalie, one last push," Carlisle said calmly, though inside, he was driving himself insane with worry. This was his future adoptive daughter, and his granddaughter. He couldn't help but fear for their lives. Rose's poor condition did little to reassure the well-refined doctor. 

Rosalie gave a heavy grunt before the sounds of beautiful tinkling giggles erupted throughout the room. Unlike human babies, who were squalling blobs of red flesh, Emmett and Rosalie's half human child was a thin, pale, pink-cheeked beautiful little infant. Emmett wiped the blood from his daughter's body, wrapping her body in a pale pink blanket, cradling her against his muscular chest. 

"Let m-me hold her-" Rosalie was cut off by her own hacking cough, doubling over in the bed. Emmett gazed at her in concern, but nevertheless carried the baby to his wife's side, kneeling beside her and holding out the lttle girl carefully. Rosalie scooped her into her arms, and gasped. The girl...she was everything she could've hoped for and more. 

"She's so beautiful. So *cough* beautiful..." Rose trailed off, caressing her daughter's face, who lay contentedly and sleepily in her mother's arms. The half vampire leaned up to her mother and chomped on the skin of her collarbone. Emmett swooped in and took the girl into his arms. 

"No, no! Don't bite your mother!" Emmett scolded, but his tone was light and loving. Rosalie laughed weakly and admired the way the crescent-shaped bite looked on her skin. It was a beautiful souvenir of her beautiful daughter. 

"Emmett...you need to change me now," Rosalie demanded, closing her eyes. Now that she had given birth to the angelic child she loved so dearly, she could give up her humanity and her chance to grow old to live happily with her family. 

"Rose...you know I can't. Not with a baby. She may be half vampire, but she still has blood running through her veins. You would hurt her. Chances are that her blood is more tantalizing than a human's because of her vampire side. Not only that, but your newborn stage could take up to five years. It's too dangerous," Emmett sighed, watching his baby drift off to sleep happily, her tiny pink lips making a very small 'O'. It was such an adorable action that Emmett could feel his dead heart thump once more behind his chest. 

Carlisle, who had stepped out of the room to give them a moment, stepped forward. "He's right, Rosalie. It would be hazardous to the girl's health, at least until she stops aging. That would be around fifteen to seventeen," he mused, thinking of all the remarkable things his new granddaughter would accomplish in the world of vampires, being the only half vampire to exist. 

Rosalie did not like this explanation. "So, what? I have to wait for up to seventeen years before I can stop aging? Hell no, I'm not going to be seventeen years older than Emmett!" she protested, trying to sit up more so as not to look as weak, but Emmett pushed her down gently, holding the girl in one hand while adjusting his lover with the other.