Chapter Two

Author's Note: I have a picture of what Bella looks like in this story, and before you start flaming, let me explain why Bella isn't portrayed by Kristen Stewart in this. In the canon series, Bella's parents are Charlie and Renee, and therefore she has their features. But not only does she have two different, much more attractive parents, she also has a vampire for a father, which automatically enhances her features. 

Enjoy. 

Happy Ever After

Chapter Two

"And you must be Isabella," the tall man said, smiling in a very scary way. The adorable two-year-old girl that looked to be about five tried to offer him a small smile back, but the sinister man made her very uncomfortable. 

"I prefer Bella," the girl whispered, her clear voice nearly inaudible. The man frowned down at her, and Bella desperately wished the kind social worker was here to protect her from the man he'd called James. 

"No, no, no. Your name is Isabella. You may call me 'Daddy James' or 'sir', dear Isabella," James purred, bending slightly at the girl. 

Bella shivered, backing away from James. James didn't like this, and let it be known. He slipped his belt out from his jeans, fondling it lovingly in his large hands, before advancing on Bella, a malicious gleam in his eye. 

"No, please, sir, I'll be good!" 

Bella awoke and bolted upright, sweat coating her forehead, panting heavily. She looked around the room, searching for the wicked blond man that had haunted her every night, ever since she'd escaped from him two years ago.

"Blood hell, what is wrong with me?" she groaned, pulling her long and slender body out from underneath the thin and holey sheet, awake and alert once more. These days, she was lucky if she got two hours of sleep. It was wearing on her, and she knew it wouldn't be long before she needed to hunt again. Even though she could live off human food, it was like tofu. The animal blood was delicious compared to the human food. 

"Oi, go to bed, freak!" came the oh-so-heavenly voice of Mary Sue Lancaster, the Stonyfield Orphan Home headmistress, who Bella had fondly dubbed as "Her Royal Sinus", for her nasal voice and ugly, wart-covered body. 

"Working on it, Your Majesty!" Bella called back, running her hands through her long dark hair. She slowly made her way across the room that was only slightly bigger than a closet. She'd been dumped in here when she was first brought to Stonyfield, and the only thing that had changed was the exchange of a crib for a small cot that she had to curl up to fit on. 

Bella stared at her reflection in the mirror, hating almost every inch of herself. She had grown into an incredibly good-looking sixteen year old, with her long, dark brown wild waves that went past her tiny hips, to the tops of her small thighs and large but distrusting blue eyes. Her cheekbones were high, jaw defined, collarbone, hips, and ribs pronounced, and on the rare occasions she smiled, adorable dimples. The girl stood at an attractive height of 5'7. She was almost unnaturally thin, from the starvation she'd suffered from all the abusive homes she'd been thrown into. 

But if anyone had ever bothered to lift her long sleeves, they would also see past her stunning beauty and discover the large assortment of long, deep red scars that went from her wrists to just before her elbows. The same was on her hips and legs. Her self-hatred had gotten to be too much for the half vampire to handle in her 16 years. The abuse ... the neglect ... everything that could've gone wrong in Bella's life had. 

Bella hated her parents. Whoever they were, she hated them. They'd left her on the side of a highway, with nothing but a crumpled and wet piece of paper stating her name and birthday. How could they have given her up, subjecting her to 16 years of torture?