Humility of Battle: Part 1

As I push past the vines and tall grass there it was the Celadon Gym hidden behind a couple of trees that made it almost impossible to be seen from the town itself. As I enter the Gym a man greets me.

“Hey! Champ this gym specialises in Grass types so if you have a fire type you could win this easily” he says as I walk past him as I had already figured this out after getting Growlithe to battle against some wild Pokémon.

As I walk further in I realise the floor is soil and has a battlefield etched into the ground, further up a woman sat on a platform made of dirt, grass and trees. As I approach she looks around then stands up and starts to speak to me.

"Hello. Lovely weather isn't it? It's so pleasant. ...Oh dear... I must have dozed off. Welcome. My name is Erika. I am the Leader of Celadon Gym. I teach the art of flower arranging. My Pokémon are of the grass-type. Oh, I'm sorry, I had no idea that you wished to challenge me. Very well, but I shall not lose." She then stands up and produces a Poké ball from her belt.

“Victreebel! Go!” she yells as she throws the Poké ball high into the air, as she did this I point my Pokédex at what emerges from the Poké ball.

“Victreebel-The Flycatcher Pokémon. Said to live in huge colonies deep in jungles, although no one has ever returned from there.”

“Growlithe Go! Use Flamethrower now!” I yell while I look down at Growlithe who is dashing off towards Victreebel. As a ball of fire emerges from Growlithe’s mouth Erika says

“Sleep powder now!” A thick cloud of white powder appears from the inside of Victreebel’s mouth. Growlithe’s Flamethrower disappears as he drops to the floor fast asleep.

“Quick! Get up now” I yell to no avail.

“Vine Whip now Victreebel” Erika commands. A green vine appears from behind Victreebel and slams into the helpless Growlithe this launches Growlithe into the air waking him up in the process.

“Now! Use Flame Wheel” Growlithe surrounds himself in a ball of fire and agilely launches him self straight at Victreebel.

“Stun Powder” Erika says as she stares at the ball of fire in anticipation.

Victreebel releases a yellow powder into the air but the fire easily defends Growlithe from the attack, he continues and hits Victreebel then rolls up it flinging Growlithe into the air.

“Now Flamethrower” I yell as Growlithe falls on top of Victreebel engulfing them both in a crimson red fire. Even before the fire had subsided Erika knew Victreebel had fainted.

“That was quite a impressive display, but are you ready for my next Pokémon?” she questions as she opens another Poké ball.

“Tangela – The Vine Pokémon. The whole body is swathed with wide vines that are similar to seaweed. The vines sway as it walks.” The Pokédex says as the Tangela appears…