Second Time Lucky

As we leave the city together ready to train our Pokémon. While we were walking I got to talk a lot to the young trainer, his name is Kevin he’s from Viridian city and got his Bulbasaur from a man called Professor Oak from Pallet town. As we arrive in the tall grass something catches my eye, two small red ears are bobbing up and down in the tall grass. I quickly pointed my newly obtained Pokédex at the mysterious Pokémon

“Growlithe, the Puppy Pokémon. While loyal to its master, the Growlithe will drive away enemies by barking and biting.”  The Pokédex says as I quietly release Eevee from his Poké ball, We exchange looks and both know what we must do.

“Eevee use Double Team!” I yell startling the Growlithe as it quickly turns around to be met by Eevee’s Double Team, the copies surrounds the Growlithe with great ease. Growlithe darts towards one of the Eevee’s head butting it; it was a fake! The copies disappear as my Eevee prepares himself to attack.

“Quick Attack now!” I command while pointing at the Growlithe with one hand and preparing a Poké ball in the other, Eevee easily knocked Growlithe onto its side, I launch a Poké ball next to the weakened Growlithe releasing an aura of red light consuming it, the ball then hit the floor it begun to rock side to side once, twice me heart is beating so fast I can feel it almost like its trying to escape my chest. *Click* I caught it! I caught my first Pokémon I run over and snatch the ball off the ground then look down to see Eevee to see him staring right back at me with a smirk on his face same for Kevin he looks like he enjoyed watching the battle.

It’s getting dark so we decide to set up a tent beneath an old willow tree close to the path, all of us ecstatic from the battle.

A new team mate and a growing bond with Eevee things couldn’t get better or so I thought…