Baekhyun: What I Don't Want

"It's alright, _______. You can do this." You fix your hair and straighten your stunning, yellow dress, taking a deep breath before entering the vast and empty park.

Your heart races like a rapid beast as your eyes wildly go searching for your childhood friend. He had asked you to meet him here, today, on February 14th, also known as Valentine's Day. Not once has Baekyhun ever complimented you, ever treated you as a girl, as someone closer than a friend... or worse, a brother. No matter how much you loved him, he would only think of you as his best friend. So as much as you hope that he is going to tell you he loves you, the odds are one in a million. At least it is with this immature, carefree freak. Yes, he's immature and not caring like the other guys in your life. He's an idiot, but you're no better for liking him. You would do anything for him, and he knows that, so that's why he's always using you for your weakness - him.

You finally spot Baek, and happily run towards him. But he isn't alone, and your heart shatters deep inside you. Beside him stands a young, pretty lady with a bouquet of red roses, smiling dearly at him. Is this his way of boasting to me? What did I do to deserve this? You turn around to leave, but he sees you already. He notices the dark look on your face and draws near to you. 

"______-ah, you look ugly when you're frowning, do you know that?" he asks in a bright, positive tune as he holds your wrist. No doubt he's fooling around again, but you aren't in the mood for his nonsense.

You shake his hand off and bark loudly, "What do you want from me?" The stupid smile stays on his face and you wish silently for him to take you seriously. Just for once. You try to hold in your tears, but they release themselves from your eyes and slide down your face. He sees them and wipe them off with his thumb, caressing your soft (now red) cheeks.

He chuckles, "I can't tell you what I want, because that'll be too straightforward... But I can tell you what I don't want." His removes his hand and holds a finger up high to the woman that was waiting eagerly for him. She's probably wondering who you are. He continues, "I don't want you to be hurt by anyone other than me. I don't want you to think of becoming my girlfriend. I don't want to walk on the streets with the hands of an ugly girl in mine... Do you understand?"

The tears keep on coming, pouring from your eyes like wine from its bottle. Except there is no cork to stop it. "Yes. I understand. I'll disappear from your life! Is that what you want? If that's the case, I'll do it! I'll lea-" He kisses you. You attempt to pull yourself away from him, but he's too strong for you. You can do nothing but wait until he releases you, so you enjoy the first and probably only kiss he'll ever give you. He breaks the kiss and puts a finger to your lips before you can say anything.

"You don't understand. I don't want you to be hurt by anyone other than me, because then that'll mean you feel about others the way you feel about me. You can only be hurt by someone you care about a lot, and I want to be that only one that you care about. I don't want you to think of becoming my girlfriend, I want you to become my girlfriend. I don't want to walk on the streets with the hands of an ugly girl in mine, because in my eyes, you're the only beautiful girl in this whole, wide world... The only girl I'll ever hold hands with."

The girl from before smiles at what Baekyhun says, walks up to you two and hands him the flowers, "Here you go, Byun Baekhyun-ssi. Thanks for buying these flowers. I wish you luck with the rest of your night."

He nods, and goes on his knees. "So that being said, can you become my girlfriend on this wonderful night? I love you."

Your tears don't stop, but you don't care anymore, because you know that they're tears of joy. "Yes. I love you too, Byun Baekhyun. I LOVE YOU TOO, BYUN BAEKHYUN!" you scream into the dark night. His smile twinkles like one of the stars in the sky, as he embraces you in his arms and gives you a kiss on the lips under the stream of moonlight, the moon witnessing the new, star-crossed lovers.