Luhan: You're the Best Present I Can Receive

The skies were blue and the sun was shining brightly. It was the perfect day for your birthday. You prepared everything that was going to be needed for your party this afternoon, such as the food and drinks, and then you wait for the guests - your boyfriend Luhan and all of his wonderful, talented friends. You and Luhan have been dating for about 3 years now, and almost all of EXO had become part of your family, protecting you like their sibling or daughter. There was even one time when Kyungsoo squinted his eyes at Luhan, interrogating him like your mom to see if he was qualified to be your boyfriend. You chuckle at the memory. Yeah, EXO has become part of my life, you think to yourself as you stretch in your soft, comfortable sofa. Suddenly, the doorbell rings. You go and fetch the door excitedly. 

"Hey, ______!" Kris smiles as he holds a Styrofoam box up in the air.

"Hi! What's that?" you ask, pointing to the box. Yifan always brings the least necessary things to parties, but yet it unfailingly brings a smile to your face.

"Chicken," he replies proudly. You look at Jongin, who licks his full, red lips as if he can't resist the temptation to open the box and feast right at the spot. 

"Thanks, Kris." You scan all the members that arrived, but you can't spot Luhan. "Where's Luhan-oppa?" 

The members look worryingly at each other. 

"Chanyeol, you explain." Kris says.

"Nono. Baekhyun, you go."

"I think that Chen should tell the whole story." The members push the responsibility to someone else until Sehun has no one to pass onto anymore.

"Luhan-hyung is busy, so he couldn't come," he places his hands to his mouth right after he blurts out the truth, and backs away from you.

"Oh... That's alright! It's just a party! Work is more important." You try to hide the disappointment from your voice. "Come on in."

All the members hand you your birthday present, while Kris brings you two. "The small one is from me, and this one is from Luhan. He told me to give it to you even though he couldn't make it here." Kris presents you a tall, humongous white box with a long, red bow tied to it. 

"Awh, thanks so much." You give him a hug, and notice that the box started wobbling. You rub your eyes to see if it was just your imagination, but when you double-check, the box sits on the floor, still as a sculpture. You shrug and join the group. 

The party continues for a few hours until Lay suggests to open the gifts. The boys shout and holler in agreement. You reach out for the largest box, but Suho tells you to wait. "Save the best for last."

You open the presents one by one, and give hugs to the EXO-oppas. When you are finally down to the last gift - the one that your boyfriend gave you - all the boys smile and start whispering, as if they're anticipating something. You pull the ends to the ribbon, untying the bow. The lid to the box suddenly bursts open. You bounce back, startled by the fact that your present knows how to move. Out jumps your boyfriend, Luhan, with the same type of ribbon tied around his head into a big bow.

"Surprise!" He cheers in his beautiful, bright, soft voice with his hands up above his head. "Happy birthday, baby!"

You smile and laugh. I knew there was no way he'd miss my birthday, you think as he holds your hand in his. He looks you in the face with his twinkling, dark brown eyes. Unexpectedly, he goes down on one knee, and takes a tiny, red parcel out from behind him. Your eyes widen.

"_________-ah," he starts as he clears his throat, "I gave you myself as a gift, so now I'm yours forever. Will you marry me and give yourself entirely to me too?" He opens the parcel and shows you a shimmering, gorgeous silver ring decorated with blue, small but elegant sapphire stones. His name and yours were carved into the ring. "Luhan + _______"

You put one of your hands to your mouth, not able to say anything. Tears of joy rolled down your cheeks as you nod. "Yes... Yes!" He slips the ring to its owner, and then kisses your hand.

Sehun opens a champagne bottle as Luhan lifts you up and pecks you on the lips. All of the EXO members cheer and clap, and when he is finally willing to return you back to the ground, he gently places his lips on your forehead and whispers, "I love you." 

You put your arms around him, the ring now on your finger, and whisper back, "I love you too."