Chapter Six: I'm doomed

Zana’s POV

“Emma your quiet,” I said as we headed through more fields.

I have no idea how long we have been travelling but I’m starting to get tired, I’m really hungry and thirsty. It’s really hot here, I had never expected it to be so hot here but there are a lot of things I had never expected, for one of them actually being in the Lost Kingdom.

“I’m quiet because I’m beginning to feel the strain,” she told me quietly, probably a whisper but I managed to hear her.

“So am I, where are we to even find food or water. We’ll need shelter out of the heat too,” I said as I caught her up as I was hanging behind her.

“I don’t know to be honest Zana I really don’t know,” she said.

“Don’t worry about it Emma we’ll be fine,” I smiled.

“I hope you’re right.”

I hope I’m right too...but I’m probably wrong I normally am. I wonder how we are going to get out of this alive. How are we to find this lost tribe? It sounds easier but I bet it isn’t. If no one can find them how are we to find them? Maybe Van is right, how can I and Emma be the ones to find them. We are nothing special.

I felt sorry for Emma as her arm was still most likely broken. You would have thought Van might have helped her out but clearly he isn’t the guy to do that. I couldn’t hate him more and its clear Emma hates him even more then I do. Why did we get stuck with an ass for our guide or whatever he bloody is?

“Emma got any feelings to which way we should head?” I asked her as we reached across the field to find a few path ways. One led straight forward through the fields and one went to the left and the right both just being a path in between the field we just left to the one in front.

“I would say forward,” said Emma.

“Forward it is then,” I said as I set of first onto the path and Emma followed close behind me. I wanted to cheer Emma up somehow but I had no idea how too. We’re in the Lost Kingdom we should be happy but I don’t even feel happy and this must be worse for Emma, a lot worse.

Emma’s POV

“Zana I'm fine you know. I’m just feeling the strain but other than that I’m happy. We’re in the Lost Kingdom we somehow made it,” I smiled to Zana.

“Your arm,” said Zana.

“It be fine trust me. This isn’t going to be a day job. Van said that we have to find the Lost tribe meaning it isn’t going to be easy to find them. We will need to find food and water and a place to stay along the way. This is where our skills come in. I’m good at finding things and so are you. We found the shelters fine, I’m saying we have a good chance at doing this as anyone else. Yeah maybe we aren’t special or brilliant at everything but we have the determination to never give up and we work as a good team,” I said to her.

“Your right, you’re absolutely right!” shouted Zana.

“That’s the spirit. Look up ahead I think that’s a village,” I smiled with happiness.

“Yeah it is. Come on,” said Zana as she sprinted into a run and I had to run after her down the path. As we got closer we saw huts covering a small amount of space, all made of wood. I couldn’t help but get happy. Maybe we would be able to find some food and drink here.

I followed Zana as we entered into the village. It was small and very quiet, maybe too quiet. I followed Zana as we went further into the village. We saw a well up ahead and Zana ran towards it. I grinned as I went to follow her but an arrow shot pass my head. I saw it heading towards Zana.

“Zana watch out!” I screamed. It was too late the arrow landed in the back of her leg and I watched her tumble to the ground in agony. I went to follow her but I felt something poke into the back of me, I knew it to be a sword.

“Turn around slowly,” I heard a mans voice. I turned around to find a middle age man in armour looking at me weirdly. He put the sword to my throat.

“We come in peace,” was all I managed to think to say.

“I doubt that. What are two girls such as yourselves doing here?” he asked roughly.

“Travelling, we just wanted to drink and have some food. We don’t have any,” I explained to him.

“I’m not sure I believe you. I’ll have to take you to my boss,” he said to me.

“What about my friend?” I asked him.

“My people will help her,” he said as I watched his men go over to Zana, I only watched until he grabbed the arm which wsasn't bandaged up and dragged me towards the  only hut made of stone.

He pushed me inside before continuing to drag me until he dropped me in front of a chair with someone sitting in it. I looked up to find a man probably a bit older than the one I had just been with. His grey eyes scared me a little and his messy black hair clearly needed washing.

“What is the meaning of this?” he demanded at once.

“We found them entering the village sir,” he said bowing.

“What brings you here?” he asked.

“I and my friend are just hungry and thirsty. We are travelling,” I explained for the second time in the last ten minutes.

“I see and why should I believe you?” he asked.

“I don’t know because it’s the truth,” I said getting annoyed.

“Well I don’t believe you but I can make you an offer. You do one thing for me and then I’ll let you go,” he said to me.

“What is this one thing?” I asked.

“You will only be told if you accept it,” he said to me. I watched as they brought Zana into the room and she looked tired and hurt. She needed rest, shelter, food and a drink.

“If I accept to do this one thing will you keep Zana safe and help her back to health?” I asked him.

“I’m sure I can do that,” he laughed.

“Alright then I accept this one thing,” I said to him.

“Good,” he said as he got up and pulled out a knife, “Now we seal it in blood,” he laughed. I stood up and he put the knife to my hand and cut into it. I yelped a little as he did the same to his hand. He then gripped onto my hand.

“We seal this deal in blood and will not go back on our word,” he said and I repeated.

“There we go all done,” he grinned.

“So what is this one thing?” I asked him.

“To take apart in the tournament of course,” he laughed with happiness. A tournament...I’m doomed.

“I’m Dag, what’s your name?” he asked me.

“I’m Emma.”

“Very nice name, you better hope you’re good with a sword,” he laughed.

“Doubt it,” laughed the other man. I stamped on his foot in anger.

“We’ll see,” I said harshly to him.

-----------------------------------------

Here you go guys sorry its been ages since last update on this.

I hope you enjoted it :)

I'll try upload again soon on this, as this is short

Any comments would mean a lot THANKS for all the support