Chapter Fourteen: Of course it doesn't

Zana’s POV

I told Emma to have a little faith but deep inside me I had none at all. I had no idea what was to come. Being here seems like it’s never going to end and its starting to make me give up slightly but I then think of Dagan and how much faith he had in Emma and me and I start to have a little bit more faith.

It’s been a day since I had that conversation with Karl. He seems to be keeping his distance but I’m still slightly concerned something is not completely right and I hate this feeling I keep getting about it. I hardly get to see Emma which is also something that is making me feel slightly on edge. I guess its cause I worry about her. The friendship I have with her is something special because we have shared this all together, the good times and the bad.

I stood at the window. I heard a loud knock on the door. I looked over to it and sighed. “It’s open,” I called.

Emma came into the room with a smile across her face. She came over to me and brought me into a comforting hug. “How are you?” she asked as we pulled apart.

“I’ve been better but I’ll be fine.”

“I think Karl is up to something and I don’t like it Zana I really don’t. I heard him talking to that Para guy when I got pushed into a cupboard when they walked by and it sounded a lot like they were discussing a wedding. Para’s wedding and who else would he be marrying and talking to Karl about. I think he may still plan to give you away to him,” Emma said to me.

“I’m not even his daughter. If he does we are escaping before that happens. I’m not marrying him end of. I have my eyes set on someone so much better and no one is going to change my mind, my heart on anything else,” said Zana.

“Who is this guy?” Emma asked.

“Jimmy I’ve known him forever but I never considered anything before or ignored my feelings but as I left he kissed me and well I want to get home and be with him,” I said to her.

“That is so sweet, Zana. Don’t worry I won’t let anything bad happen to you. We’ll get out of here one way or another trust me,” Emma smiled.

I didn’t like the way Emma had said that as she winked at me and walked over to the door. I hope she knows what she is doing because I don’t know the first thing how to break out of somewhere or to escape.

Emma’s POV

“That was stupid wasn’t it?” I asked Zana as I slumped against the wall of the cell.

“Well it wasn’t...you’re not stupid...Well honest truth yeah that was a bit stupid,” said Zana.

“Thanks for your comforting words. I’m sorry Zana. I thought you know he would change his mind again know your threat was still there. I had no idea he was going to chuck us both in a cell did I? Why did I have to go and open my big mouth?”

“Because you are Emma,” laughed Zana and I joined her. Zana came over to me and sat right next to me.

“So any more brilliant ideas?” asked Zana.

“Karl said he would be back by morning to come and fetch you. We just need to get out of here before he comes,” I said to her.

“I know that but how do we escape? Do you have any ideas what so ever?”

“I may have one idea but you may not like it,” I said to her.

“What’s that?” asked Zana.

“One of the men who was sort of keeping an eye on me...he has a crush on you,” I said to her.

“No way am I going too...no don’t look at me like that,” complained Zana as I looked at her and blinked at her a few times.