VIII. Green And Gold

Previously on 'Reign Of Gods':

7. The Dog-Boy Issue

"I don't want you getting hurt," I murmur honestly.

He still says nothing.

Then, he walks. "You are being annoying, Sakura. Stay here."

I run after him but, he locks me in. I can only watch the confrontation through the glass.

And I become witness to the strangest skirmish ever seen.

🔹🔹🔹🔹🔹🔹🔹🔹🔹🔹🔹🔹🔹🔹

Language warning for the following chapter. It isn't much but, I am giving a heads up anyway.

🔸🔸🔸🔸🔸🔸🔸🔸🔸🔸🔸🔸🔸🔸

8. Green & Gold

I watch Sasuke approaching the men. His strides are unhesitant and even graceful. I wish I could have as much confidence as he does right now. The waiter on shift would surely have liked to go home more than anything but, seems he's finally found something interesting to do on a slow business night. He joins me at the glass door in watching the show. I have an itch to push him away but, I am too worried about the raven haired man trying to be a hero to care right now.

Sasuke stops before the group of hot-blooded buff men, who have the audacity to laugh at him. I can only see his back but, I can tell he is glaring at them. It has to be harsher than any glare I've ever seen, because their laughter faded. I thought so. In my time with him, one thing I understood was that Sasuke was not to be taken lightly. Still, he is just a man - with the very real possibility of getting seriously injured.

I catch the waiter pull out his phone and dial. I can guess where the call will connect. So, grabbing his phone, I smash it to the floor. He becomes victim to a glare of my own. If the cops come, they'll take Sasuke too. Now, we can't have that. He shifts away from me a little while muttering incoherent words, but continues to watch. When I shift my attention back to the skirmish, I find Sasuke at one of the men's collar. It has begun.

The raven-haired man must be stronger than he looks, because I can see the other man struggling with Sasuke's grip. His groupies, hooting derisively at Sasuke, fell silent when the man's feet left the earth. I need to rub my eyes to double-check! Indeed, the large man has been lifted off the ground by his collar, held by Sasuke's one hand. Yes, one hand. The amusement on the gang's face turns to anger. But, soon as they step forward to attack him, another man is suspended mid-air. This is like a scene from some superhero movie. My eyes are so wide right now, I just know they will fall out of their sockets. My mouth is hanging open but, I find no motivation to close it. I must look ridiculous right now, but who cares?

Sasuke is .. he is.. extremely strong. No wonder the guy wasn't the least bit scared. Next thing I know, they are hurled at their own supporters so violently, that all four of them go crashing and rubbing to the floor. Oh holy-! I can see blood! Has he killed them? They're not moving! Wait. Rewind. All four? Where's the fifth one? I look around but, the original pervert from the diner is nowhere in sight.

I hear a yelp from my left and soon as I turn to look at him, I am yanked backwards forcefully enough to make me crash to the floor. I feel dizzy. My vision is blurred. And hovering above me is a man I can make out from size and common sense, as the fifth groupie. The diner perv. I can see a stretch of white on his face. I don't like that grin at all. My body involuntarily shivers in response. I want to fight but I hit the floor hard enough for my body to freeze up. I think I hurt my head. I still can't see clearly.