Chapter 8 - In This Hellhole

After Carver was done saying some stupid words about forgiveness and other shit, we were put in the pen or better yet “prison”

He looked at Reggie and felt guilty, he fell when they were escaping and he is missing an arm.

He was about to say anything but, Reggie beat him to it.

“Nick, I know that look you are giving me... it's not your fault...it's no one's fault, this was an accident, I didn't see the lurker coming.”

“Who's he?” Clementine asked

“That's Mike, he is a little grumpy if he doesn't get sleep but, I put up with that shit since he saved my life.”

“What about her?” she asked

“Oh, that's Jane and she is really weird, they found her outside in like the nastiest shit.”

“It's best not to stare.”

Nick didn't want to talk anymore so, he went to his “bed” and sat down. He saw Luke walking towards him, he was probably going to talk to him.

Luke sat down on the “bed” across from him.

“Hey man, are you okay?”

“I’m fine, Luke...don't worry about me…”

“I have to worry about you Nick, you're my best friend.”

Nick smiled a little bit.

“And I saw the look you have on your face during the Carver thing, you looked like you were lost in thought too.”

“...I saw Matthew die.”

Luke's eyes went wide.

“I couldn't save him...I tried but…”

“Nick, it's not your fault…”

“But, I should've tried harder to save him.”

“Nick, it's okay.”

It's not okay, Pete, Matthew, Walter are dead.

Nick looked at the others and he saw the door open, it was Tavia.

“Alvin, Carver wants to see you in his office.”

“No, Alvin.”

Alvin put his hand up “It's okay, Bec...if he wanted to kill me, he would've already done it.”

Alvin walked off with Tavia.

Nick grabbed the edge of the “bed” and put his hand in a fist.

Luke saw this “he gonna be fine, Nick.”

“We both know that Carver is going to beat the shit out of him.”

Luke frowned and he got up. He put his hand on Nick's shoulder. He let go of his shoulder and he started to walk away, he is probably going to talk to the others.