Chapter Two

The Tattoo – Chapter Two

Mia's POV

The next morning I walked downstairs and into the living room only to hear more talk about my tattoo. "THAT'S IT!!" I screamed as I clenched my fists, digging my nails into my palms in pure anger. "Babe, calm down." Jc said, concerningly. "No. I will not calm down. This tattoo is none of your business, and until you can get the goddamned thing off your brains, I'm leaving." I said as I stormed back up the stairs, teeth clenched just as tightly as my fists.

Jc's POV

"I knew that this was going to become an issue." I said with a sigh as I ran my fingers through my hair stressfully. "Dude, why is she so upset over it?" Kian asked. "Because she never could figure it out on her own, if she could it wouldn't be a big deal to talk about it openly, but since she doesn't know what it means she doesn't want it to be talked about." I explained, as she has told me beforehand. "I guess that's understandable..." Kian said softly, as if he was ashamed of his previous comment. "I'm gonna go talk to her." I said, lifting myself from the couch.

I walked into our room to see a large suitcase on the bed, half filled with clothes, on one side and a sobbing girl on the other. "Babe." I said, not knowing how to finish my sentence. "It's a curse, Jc. A curse." She said as she continued to cry into a pillow. "It's a gift, and one day you'll figure it out. The letters mean something, you weren't born with it for no reason, there's a meaning that you just have to take the time to figure out." I said, rubbing her back out of comfort. She sighed and lifted her head up to kiss me, her kiss making my entire body tingle with joy. "I know it's going to be hard, but we'll figure it out babe. I'll make sure of it." I said. "I know, let's go downstairs and figure it out." She said, standing up from where she was laying and hugging me tightly.

When we entered the living room, everyone went quiet. "Let's bust this shit." Mia said with a smile on her adorable little face. We must have been in that room for two hours, and gone through about eight 2-liters of coke and countless bags of chips as we attempted to piece together the tattoo Mia has. "Maybe it spells something but all jumbled up." Connor said, you could tell he was utterly exhausted and was just spitting out ideas. "No, no. That doesn't make sense." Mia said, stressing out. "Babe, calm down." I said, rubbing her back once more.

More ideas were thrown out there, but none of them made any sense to Mia. It was now one in the morning, and all of us were half asleep. "I'm going to bed." Mia said, and began walking upstairs. "I'll come." I said as I followed her. "Night everyone!" She called from down the stairs. "Night!!" They called in unison in their sleepy voices. We got comfortable in bed and fell asleep almost immediately.

Mia's POV

I was sleeping perfectly fine, as I was extremely tired and exhausted from thinking about what my tattoo could mean. Jc was sleeping peacefully next to me as well, but this was all interrupted by Connor bursting through our bedroom door and screeching, "I FIGURED IT OUT!!"