Chapter 4

Change

               "If you don't change direction you may end up

            where you are heading ."  -Lao Tzu

  I continued to walk down the street after I had left Marcus house. Everything hadn't clicked in my mind yet of what just happened. It was raining outside each drop hitting any part of my body. It wasn't until I stopped in my tracks that I finally grasped what had just happened. I just killed a man. What surprised me the most out of everything is that when I did it I did it so quickly and without hesitation.

I had not felt any emotion until now, why is that? Normally when a person kills another person for the first time their scared, but I was not even scared a little. I got to wondering where is this person coming from?

This isn't the same Ziara I use to know. I was still stuck in my trance until a car zoomed past me honking at the same time. I continued my journey back well what is now called my new home. When I arrived I stopped at the door before knocking. When I got inside I went past the men smoking, past the rachet females, including the ones sucking dick for money. I went up the stairs down the hallways until I reached those same double doors I went in today. I knocked waiting for an answer. "Come in!" a deep voice answered.

I opened one of the doors to see yet again Eli sitting at his desk with a blunt in one hand and his feet propped up on the desk. "What you asked for me to do is done." I was about to leave the room when he stopped me. "Ziara!" I turned back looking at him waiting for him to speak so I could get things over with. Instead he went in his drawer and pulled out a roll of money and threw it at me.

Using my reflexes I caught it. "What's this?" I asked. "Your pay for getting the job done." he answered. I walked to the door only again to be called. "And Ziara." He said while I was still facing the doors. "You look very beautiful in your dress." I looked back staring at him he had a unsure look on his face. I said "thank you!"

Before I left I took the gun that I used to kill Marcus out and was about to set it on his desk. "What are you doing?" he asked I looked up at him confused. "I'm giving back your gun." He shook his head. "Its yours now trust me you will need it." I didn't want to keep the gun anymore knowing I had killed someone with it. Instead of saying so I just carried the weapon and left.

I immediately rushed to my room locking the doors behind me and jumping into my bed. These past two days went through my mind. It just kept replaying over and over again. From when I was arrested, bailed out by Eli, making that deal, and all the way to killing Marcus. Again all of this happened in just two days. It all came down to who is this person? The Ziara I know would have never accepted the deal in the first place. She would be to scared to kill a man. In just a short time span I have changed.

Its not in a good way either, but what I don't understand is why. I moved in the bed and accidently layed on something hard. I pulled it out from beneath me to find the roll of money Eli gave me. I stared at it. Is this the reason why I changed? How can something as a piece of paper change my ways? Maybe its because I want and need it so bad that I would mostly do anything for it.

This is the same thing that has killed millions, turned people cruel, and made life hard. Its also the same thing that got me here in the first place. I took the rubber band off and counted everything. Then all bad things were disappearing each 50 dollar bill at a time.

Maybe this money thing isn't as bad as it sounds. I have to come to reality that this is the only way out. This is the only thing that's going to help me get where I need to go. Without it I will be stuck here and never make it. I had put my money away and changed into some more comfortable clothes. When I got here I had a whole new wardrobe. I snuggled in my queen size bed and looked at the ceiling.

I wont change to much right? I'm still the same Ziara and all ways will be. I just had to do certain things in order to survive. My eyes kept closing more and more until they were finally shut.

*******

Eli Pov

I hadn't really thought about how good looking Ziara was until I saw her in that dress. I seen her many of times, she just doesn't know it. Before I even make a partnership with anyone I have to see if their right for the position. I did hear some things about her but theres one thing in particular about her that caught my attention. Its the same thing that got me interested in making her a partnership in the first place.

I was told that she was Robert Ebony's daughter. He's one of the best king pins. So I began to watch Ziara when I found out. She has all the potential things that her father has. I knew she would be perfect as a partner.

Shes not going to do all the things a partner needs to do just yet. First I have to give her time to adjust to the new life style. Shes already familiar with the different types of drugs so that's a good thing. I'm just giving her assignments until the time being. You can say shes in training. Her good looks can really come in handy also.

I am very serious about two things. My money and my drugs. That's what comes first. So I do everything carefully and clean. If you do things messy you get caught. That's the last thing I need to be is arrested. I don't care about anyones skin but my own and im not afraid to admit that. I'm not afraid of anything to tell you the truth.

I use to care about people until they all stabbed me in the back. If theres one thing I learned about this type of business is trust no one. That's exactly what I do. I'm not the type of guy to try to settle down with no female either.

I don't have time to deal with them. I just fuck them and get it over with. Like I said I don't care about anyone else. I'm not soft either I will kill you in a heartbeat if I have to. Especially if you cross me in any type of way. You know you in trouble by me if I kill you personally. I continued to smoke my blunt and think about everything that I have. I have everything that I could ever wanted, everything.

But why do I feel like somethings missing?

Thank you all who are reading and thank you for the votes. Also please leave comments so I know if I have to fix things to make the book better or if its good the way it is. I appreciate all the ones who have so far. An update will be coming soon.