It's Him

Real quick, I've decided to make this less about poetry and more about me. To do this, I'm also going to include little blurbs from my seriously messed up mind, and it is going to be one of them. Later on, I might include some short stories in here, too.

***

It's him, every day is him. My heart beats for him, my throat thirsts for him, my mind dreams for him. He is my everything. But it's wrong. His heart doesn't beat for me, his throat doesn't thirst for me, his mind doesn't dream for me. I'm not good enough. 

Why do I love him? Why not somebody else, anybody else. I should love you: kind, caring, focused, ambitious, perfect. But I don't. I love him: hurtful, crass, sarcastic, crude, wrong. I know I should love you, and forget him. No matter what I do, try, remind myself of, I want, need him. 

And you, you want and need me, and he doesn't, and I want to want and need you back... I just don't. It's only him, and I know I'm going to be waiting until he decides to love me back. It's going to hurt watching him go out with other girls and falling in love with them, not me. Almost as much as it is going to hurt knowing that you're hurting the exact same way I am, knowing that I could make it stop, knowing that I'm too self-centered to do anything about it.