Love Unquenched and the Threat of War

A week had passed since the grand ball and Michael had slept very little for thinking of his Michelle. He didn’t go riding into the country side for fear of seeing her and not being able to bear the look he thought he would see. Michelle didn’t go on her walks either for fear of seeing Michael and the look of hatred in his eyes. She had many suitors come to her door and wanting to take her out and politely she would refuse them all. Her father asked her why she would not go and she said she could not because her heart belonged to another who didn’t want her she cried and ran to her room. Her father was very sad for his daughter.

Mr. Wilson: I wish you would consider some of the suitors who come. Some seem like very nice young men. Looking worried at his daughter.

Michelle; I know father, it’s just well. It’s just my heart belongs to one man and he doesn’t want me. Not the way I want him anyway. Looking away so her father won’t see her tears again.

Mr. Wilson: How do you know?

Michelle; Because if he did he’d come to see me, but he hasn’t even tried. She runs upstairs to her room.

Dina; Father why is Michelle so sad?

Sharon; Yeah, she don’t even play tea party with us anymore. Sadly

Mr. Wilson. I know girls, it’s just that Michelle is feeling lonely right now and sad. She’ll be okay soon. Kissing his little angels

Dina; Michelle’s in love with that man…he’s a ….a….masketer

Sharon: No..not a masketer…a Musketeer you noob!!

Dina; That’s what I said!!

Sharon: It is not!!

Dina: Is so…sticking her tongue out

Mr. Wilson;  Girls! Girls! Please…no how do you know she’s in love with a Musketeer?

Both girls look away…they didn’t want to look at their father because they knew they would be in trouble for reading their sisters diary.

Mr. Wilson; GIRLS!!! Tell me now!! How did you know??? Frowning

Dina; Well. We were playing and…..and….well…..

Sharon: Sighing loudly….we weren’t playing we were snooping….we read it in Michelle’s diary. She’s in love with the Captain of the Musketeers Michael Jackson.looking down because she knew she was in trouble.

Mr. Wilson. Now you know you are not supposed to take things thatg are not yours and your sisters diary is one of those things and is very private. You need to go tell her what you did at once.

Dina; But father!!

Mr. Wilson; AT ONCE!! Pointing his finer to go

Sharon; Yes Father….they two girls leave to go tell their sister what they had done.

They found michelle laying on her bed crying her eyes out again over him. both tried to cheer her up but nothing worked. Then they told her about reading her diary and she just shrugged…”who cares?” and closed her eyes and cried harder.

Dina; We’re sorry Michelle…We didn’t mean to make you cry, she said sadly

Sharon: We won’t do it again, trying not to cry herself.

Michelle; You didn’t, although you should never have read my diary, you didn’t make me sad. I promise you that. Now…leave me alone will you? Rolling away from them to cr alone…

Dina and Sharon leave the room and head back downstairs to play outside. Their father asks if they did as he asked and spoke to Michelle they said they did and she was still so sad. They tried to make her laugh but she just wouldn’t laugh. So they came downstairs to play outside awhile before supper. Their father sent them out to play so he could prepare supper and it was still very light outside yet so the girls could enjoy the sunlight and fresh air.