Goodbyes

Prom night. My last day in the States, until fall.

I havent spoken to Jace at all the last 24 hours ive sent him 23 text, 18 calls and 6 voicemails.

He wont respond.

"You ready?", Spencer asked.

"Yeah".

I look at my ghost of a empty house and the luggage sitting by the door. Tomorrow. Tomorrow this will all be behind me.

Since, I didnt have a date and Harley and Tristan were going together already. I know right. Look at my two bestfriends. Guess Tristan isnt homosexual, hes bisexual. I asked Spencer to be my date.  It isnt a crime. Besides everything thats happened in our past, we are actually good friends. Lets try to bury the hatchet and put our demons behind us.

It absolutely beautiful in the venue. Crystal chandeliers, made the ceiling look like stars.

I cant take my eyes off it.

Spencer went to get some punch, but I stand bewildered at how beautiful everything looks.

"What are you looking at?", he says as he hands me my drink.

I point up.

"Wow, they really out did themselves this year". I nod in agreement. "Come on, I see your friends lets go dance".

We walk over, and start dancing. Everything is great. I had the best time, only one thing was missing. Jace.

I kept waiting for him to walk through that door and tell me he loves me, but it never came.

Its the end of the dance, and its time to announce prom king and queen.

"Alright class of 2017. The votes are in. Youre prom queen is....Electra Grey".

Everyone looks around in confusion and I stand awkwardly.

Harley leans in my ear. "I pulled a few strings, since its last night".

"Thank you".

I walk on the stage, im handed a crown, sash and bouquet of roses.

"Youre prom king is Tristan Parks".

Tristan? I didnt even know he was running. He was fabulously accepting his crown and sash. Hes going to be acting like royalty all summer.

"Okay, its time for the king and queen dance".

I met up with Spencer in the center of the floor and Tristan with Harley. We slow dance, side by side.

"Congratulations, you look beautiful tonight".

"Thank you".

I break apart when im tapped on the shoulder. When I turn around, red punch is spilled on my silk dress. Its fucking ruined.

"Awe Electra, you should clean that up",Savannah says.

I take a moment to calm myself down. Im a better person, I dont have to stoop down to her level.

Everyone is waiting for me to hit her, but she isnt worth it.

"You know  what Savannah, weve been fighting these past 4 years. Im tired and im done. It wasnt nice knowing you, but you can probably say the same to me. I dont regret anything I did to you. Have a nice life".

"Where do you think youre going?", she pulls my hair as I walk away.

I turn around and punch her in the throat.

"Dont you ever touch me. Spencer, Tristan, Harley, you coming or what?"

They rush behind me and leave a gasping Savannah on the floor.