Cookies

Electra
After School Friday

It's been one hell of a week. I still haven't told Harley I'm leaving, and Tristan keeps telling me too. I finished all my exams and I'm going to pick up my diploma now.

I finally know what college I'll be going to when I return. As I walk into the office, everyone is staring me down. I know I went from good girl to mega bitch in a couple of months but damn.

I knock on Mrs.Clark's door. "Come in Ms.Grey".

"Mrs.Clark", I sit in this royal blue chair with plush white pillows.

She shuffles through her desk and pulls out a purple folder. She looks at it for a minute, before sighing. She sets it back in her drawer and gets up to close her office door.

"Mrs.Clark, what are you doing?", I raise an eyebrow.

Instead of answering my question she stares at me, almost like she's studying me.

"You know Electra, you are a very interesting girl. You remind me of myself. Strong-headed, independent, stubborn".

"Mrs.Clark what are you going on about".

She smiled at me. "Just listen".

I nod. "These past 2 years youve given us nothing but hell. Every chance you got. Honestly, Electra, half the shit you pulled, you couldve gotten expelled. Youve got guts kid and I admire you for that".

She walked back around to her desk and sat on her desk infrony of me.

"Why are you quitting now?".

My mouth falls open and I look stunned. "W-what?"

"I didnt stutter, youre supposed to end senior year with a big bang and istead youre leaving early. I expected more from you".

"I expected alot too", I sigh.

"I have a feeling that statement is not about you. What happened?"

"You ever focus on one thing and everything blurs out of vision, everything around it becomes irrelevant. Then eventually the thing you are looking at blurs too, and youre lost looking at this blank but confusing image and you dont know what to do, so you try to focus on something else".

"Ahh, this is about the infamous Jace".

"Pretty obvious huh?"

"Look Electra, dont force yourself to ignore the situation. Youre leaving in 2 days and all because boy hurt you".

"I just want a fresh start".

"Yeah, well sometimes stating fresh means starting over. You still love him dont you".

"Yeah".

"Dont let him go. Hes a good kid with a troubled past. You guys need each other. Im not saying make it easy for him. Make him fight, give him the choice. If he cares, hell do whatever he can to make it to you, if he doesnt then it wasnt meant to be".

"I tried-"

"You tried but not hard enough. I was just like you in a high school. Take the chance dont run away from your fears. I know im just a teacher looking in, but im giving you the easy way to learn this life lesson". She reaches on her desk and grabs the folder. "Dont do what I did and make the right choice".

I grab the folder and standup. "What is the right choice?".

"You have to find that out for yourself".

I give her a tight hug. "Thank you Mrs.Clark".

"Anytime". She walks me over ti the door. "And dont forget to visit me sometime".