Talking to Others

The biggest thing with introverts is that we don't really talk much. With friends? Yep. With people you know but don't talk to much? Maybe. Complete strangers? No, but one-word replies are used. Just to be polite.

Talking with other introverts is awkward. It's mostly quick, quiet sentences without any eye contact. But talking with extroverts, people who won't stop talking and just have to express their feelings *cough* KDawg *cough cough* is harder. Here's an example of a conversation between an introvert and an extrovert that know each other, but don't talk much:

E: Hi! The weather is lovely outside, right? I gotta get some gardening done. Ooh! That reminds me, I have to buy that tulip bulb to place by the birdbath.

I: Hi. Yes.

E: So how's life? Anything new? Did you finally finish that essay we had to turn in on Thursday?

I: Meh. No. Maybe.

E: I have to finish my essay, but I want to garden so bad! That empty space in the dirt bothers me so much!

I: Ok.

E: So what's up with you and that guy? Got any plans? Are you two dating?

I: The sky. The sky is up with us. No. No.

E: Shoot, it's 11:35! Gotta get to Biology. See ya!

I: Bye.

This also shows why some introverts try not to raise their hand during class, but if the teacher calls on them by surprise, they know the answer.

I might be an introvert, but typing this story is totally fine. I absolutely am not sweating, breathing hard, and/or trying to calm myself down. Definitely not.