Movie Date Part 1

Aleks winced as the goo spilled over his fingers. This was just so gross, how did people do this…? He wiped off the drops that were migrating over to the edge of his hand on the paper towel he’d had the foresight to put on the counter—wouldn’t want this crap getting all over his face. Eck. Rolling his eyes at himself for being a pussy and taking a deep breath, Aleks slowly put the goop in his precious hair, shuddering at the cool, damp feel it left on his bangs as he smoothed it around, pushing down wayward locks and frizz. He yelped as a cold drop plopped onto his cheek, hastily reaching for the towel to wipe it away.

“Aleks?” Aleks froze, staring at himself in the mirror across from him, eyes wide as he heard his roommates hammering footsteps approach the bathroom door, plus the pitter-pat of PuppyChef’s feet as she followed her master. Sure enough, there was a knock on the door a second later. “Aleks? Are you okay in there?”

“Yeah, yeah, I’m fine—“ a series of crashes interrupted him as he attempted to put down the towel, only to knock over all the bottles and cups and toothbrushes on the counter.

“Aleks!?” Eddie opened the door quickly, hitting Aleks’s foot in the process.

“Shit, man!” Aleks shouted, pulling his foot away from the door.

“Sorry, I just wanted to make sure you were all right—”

“Yeah, yeah, I’m fine, just dropped some stuff, now leave—“

“By the way, have you seen my—is that my hair gel?”

Aleks pushed all of the various toiletries towards the mirror so they wouldn’t fall off of the counter, his cheeks starting to glow red.

Eddie giggled, raising his eyebrows. “Never thought I’d see you wearing hair gel. You could have just asked, you know.”

Aleks bit his tongue, letting a certain finger do the talking for him.

Eddie giggled again, snorting out through his nose. “C’mon, don’t be like that. What’s the special occasion? Going out to see someone tonight? Eh, eh?”

Aleks chucked a tube of toothpaste at his friend, which only fueled his laughter more. “You ass.” Still, Eddie’s cheer was contagious as ever, and Aleks couldn’t help the small smile it pulled to his face. “I just thought it was time I tried it and see how it looks. Nothing special about it.”

“Sure, sure,” Eddie winked. “At least let me fix it for you.” Aleks rolled his eyes as he felt the Puerto Rican’s fingers fiddle about on his scalp, but when he turned back to the mirror, he had to admit it looked better than he would have thought his hair could look. “Damn, dude, how’d you do that?”

His friend shrugged, gesturing to his own, gel-spiked hair. “Practice.”

“Well, thanks,” Aleks attempted to push past his friend out of the bathroom, but Eddie reached out and grabbed his arm.

“So…?”

“So what?”

“So, I helped you, so who’re you going out with tonight?”

“I told you, it’s nothing, just one of the guys.”

Eddie crossed his arms. “Oh yeah? Which one of the guys?”

“James,” Aleks responded automatically. Shit. Should I have not said that?

“Hm.” Eddie scrutinized his friend in disbelief, but let go of Aleks’s arm. “Well, have fun with James, then. Me and Chef will just have fun by ourselves, won’t we, Chef?”

As Eddie turned to talk to the dog, Aleks made a hasty retreat to the door. He had everything he needed in his pocket—phone, wallet, license—and he didn’t want to risk another interrogation and be late.

Aleks fidgeted in the lobby of the movie theater, checking his phone for the time, then checking it again because he hadn’t been paying attention the first time. Was he dressed too casually?  He’d just picked out clean jeans and a t-shirt, because after all, it was James, but what if James showed up in, like, a dress shirt and everything? He didn’t think that would happen, but…

Aleks sighed in relief. There was James, walking in the door, wearing his usual hoodie and t-shirt. Aleks waved him over with a big smile, but felt yet another blush take over his face as he took in James’s appearance.

“Hey! What’s u—oh.” James smiled sheepishly, picking at the white shirt he wore that proudly displayed the words, “IMMORTAL IS MY FAVORITE CREATURE” surrounding a cartoon version of Aleks in his transformers mask. Light pink dusted James’s face as he looked up at Aleks again. “I didn’t even notice, I just picked up a random shirt because I thought I was going to be late because Jordan asked me to check the cables on the—“

“—It’s fine.” Aleks interjected. “It’s kinda cute, actually.” Now James was the one whose face was turned red.

Aleks smiled, lightly brushing James’s hand with his own.

“So what movie do you want to watch?”

When the two emerged from the theater, it was dark and their hands were firmly clasped together as they walked across the parking lot.

“No, but that one explosion was awesome, the one that sent all of those cars flying!”

“Yeah, but it wasn’t as good as the part where the guy’s fighting with the robot and he’s like, ‘I can’t even say go fuck yourself because you don’t have a dick!” and then the robot gets all confused.”

“Yeah, reminded me of you, actually.”

“Hey!” James gave Aleks a playful shove for the dig as they reached his car.

“So what’d you think? Good movie?”

James grinned. “Yeah. We should do this more often.”

Aleks leaned up and kissed James softly. “Deal.”

A car engine revved to life not too far from them, and they both jumped at the sudden interruption to the quiet night.

“Well, I guess we’d better head off. See you tomorrow?”

Aleks smiled. “Definitely.”

“By the way, I like the hair gel.”

“Fuck you.”

AN: Yaaaay fluffy movie date. Sorry for lack of updates, but I've been on and off sick, so. I have exams next week as well, so I don't know how long it's going to take for part 2 to come out, but it'll be asap, I promise. Thanks to everyone who's been sending me such nice messages, it's because of you guys that I actually at least try to update every week. Also, James, Sly, and Ze have all reblogged from me on Tumblr in the last week or so, so that's fucking awesome. Yeah. Love you guys! ^.^

For updates, go to the ’50 Shades of James’ tag on tumblr (you don’t need an account!). To talk to me or to send fanart, you can message me on here, email me at Therealsabertoothtigress@gmail.com, or message me on my tumblr, captainthief.tumblr.com. For a compilation of updates, fanart, and milestones, go to captainthief.tumblr.com/50. On tumblr, I follow every person who’s read this story and reply to pretty much everything I get asked (unless my inbox eats it). Thanks again for reading!