Bedroom

“So what’s up with you and Aleks?”

                   James, startled, banged his foot on the kitchen counter.

              “Shit, Dan! Don’t sneak up on me like that!” He hobbled away from his destination, the fridge, and lugged himself onto a chair. “And what do you mean? There’s nothing up with me and Aleks.”

                 Dan rolled his eyes and plopped himself into the seat next to James. “Obviously, there’s something. I don’t know if you guys have something planned or what, but you’ve been…looking at each other all day.”

                   James snorted. “So it’s illegal to look at someone?”

                “Well, no…but you’ve just been looking. Like when we were recording together before, you guys kept looking at each other, but you weren’t talking or anything. Like, you‘re look at each other more and talk to each other less than usual.” Dan rubbed his beard thoughtfully.          

               James clenched his jaw. “Yeah, we’ve got something planned,” he lied. “A prank. But we won’t get you, so don’t worry about it, okay? We want to keep it on the down low for now.” God, he hated lying, especially to Dan, who was never anything but nice and helpful, but it had to be done. It wasn’t that he was ashamed to be with Aleks or even whatever the fuck his sexuality was; it was just…not the right time. Not the right time for the fuss and the questions and whatever other consequences would come when—if—they told the other guys what was going on. Jordan had probably already figured out who James had chosen,

            Especially if they wanted the guys to go away tonight. If they got to be alone tonight…well, James was pretty sure he was ready, and judging by yesterday, Aleks was, too. They hadn’t even been together that long—had it really only been a few days? A week at most? It felt like months since that game in the closet.

            James imagined the feel of Aleks’s lips that first time—a little bitter with beer, a little urgent because of the time limit, hands trying to memorize bodies for the first time—

            “Must be a really good prank, from your expression,” Dan observed. The blissful look faded from James’s face and he had to blink a few times to reorient himself.

            “Y-yeah, it’s gonna be a good one,” the words rolled off of his tongue as he gave Dan a quick half-smile. “And Dan?”

            “Yeah?”

            James scratched the back of his neck. “Thanks, y’know, for worrying yesterday. Sorry I acted like a dick.”

            Dan shook his head. “Don’t worry about it, man. Hey, Jordan said to tell you that we’re going to that new movie tonight.  You wanna come?”

            “No, I, ah, have a lot of recording to do,” James replied hastily.

            Dan shrugged as he stood up, stretched, and began to walk to the front door. “Your loss. See you tomorrow, then.”

            “Is he gone?”

            “What the fuck is it today with people sneaking up on me?” James snarled with a jump, but he was smiling, as he turned to see Aleks’s head poking out from behind the wall of the other doorway into the kitchen.

            “You didn’t have to hide, you know. We are still friends.”

            The rest of the Russian’s body snaked around the wall and he jumped to sit on the counter, right next to James’s arms. He slid one around the younger boy’s waist, and Aleks scooted over (nearly kicking James in the chest) so that James was in between his legs.

            “Yeah, but we’re also more than that,” Aleks murmured, smirking and putting his hands around James’s neck.

            James wrapped the other arm around Aleks and pulled him closer, so that he almost fell off the counter into James’s lap. Distantly, they could hear the front door slam as Dan left, but they were both too wrapped up in each other to celebrate the fact that they were alone in the house.

            “I assume you’re not going to the movie?” James pulled Aleks’s face down close to his own.

            “You’re smart,” Aleks mumbled, eyes closed, as he pressed their lips together.

            It started off soft and gentle, but quickly the familiar heat rose up in both of them. James let his hands fall to Aleks’s butt and gave him a quick squeeze. Aleks yelped, then again as James pulled him off the counter and into his lap.

            “Oh no you don’t!” He shouted, and jumped off of the older man’s legs, squishing his semi-hard on in the process, which was both painful and exciting; but James didn’t have time to dwell on it, because Aleks grabbed him by the shirt, wrenched him up from the seat, and pushed him all the way out of the kitchen and against the hallway wall.

            Aleks’s lips hungrily sought out his own, leaving James breathless. He returned his hands to their rightful place on the boy’s ass and felt Aleks smirk against his lips as his long fingers brushed down James’s chest and settled teasingly on his hips.

            James pushed off from the wall, arms keeping Aleks securely attached to him as he walked backwards. Aleks broke away and looked at his friend questioningly.

            “Bedroom,” James whispered.

            Something in Aleks changed—his eyes, mostly, held something new and dangerous and exciting, and also a little bit of fear, but he eagerly took James’s hand and followed him up the stairs.

              James led Aleks into his room, before closing and locking the door behind them.

AN: Well, I suppose you all know what comes next chapter ;) see, I promised! Also, as for my other promise: I swear there will be a good amount of Jeamus, too, just a little later. Jeamus shippers, don't lose hope! Also, I'm almost at 1000 followers on tumblr, and a reminder to everyone that when we reach that number, I'll post a picture of myself :). Another thing--if you've got a fanfiction, let me know! I might not have time to read it right away, but I'll definitely put it in my list and read it sometime :)

For updates, go to the ’50 Shades of James’ tag on tumblr (you don’t need an account!). To talk to me or to send fanart, you can message me on here, email me at Therealsabertoothtigress@gmail.com, or message me on my tumblr, captainthief.tumblr.com. For a compilation of updates, fanart, and milestones, go to captainthief.tumblr.com/50. On tumblr, I follow every person who’s read this story and reply to pretty much everything I get asked (unless my inbox eats it). Thanks again for reading!