Serious Conversations

Eddie was leaning on the wall opposite his roommate’s door when Aleks finally emerged from his room. Raising an eyebrow, he held up the stubby end of what was obviously a handmade joint.

            “Knocked over the garbage can. Found this.”

            Aleks rolled his eyes and ran a hand through his hair. “Yeah, I’ve already been bitched at. I don’t need shit from you, too, man.”

            “Someone already chewed you out? Good, remind me to thank them.”

            With an exaggerated sigh, Aleks turned away from Eddie and headed towards the kitchen, but his friends hand on his shoulder stopped him.

            “Is this about your new girlfriend?”

            Aleks whirled around. “What?!?”

            Now Eddie rolled his eyes. “C’mon, man. You’re distracted and you’re always fixing your shirt and your hair and shit. Soy tú amigo mejor, chico, I know you. You’ve got it for someone, you can’t hide that from me.”

            Aleks stared at his best friend for a moment, before dejectedly confessing—partially. “Yeah, you’re right. I don’t have a girlfriend, but I’ve ‘got it for someone’, I guess.”

            Eddie shoved the others shoulder playfully, grinning. “Alright, chico, who is it?”

            The other took a deep breath. He didn’t really want to tell, but he knew Eddie would bother him forever if he didn’t tell him something.

            “Let’s just say…that game with the closet worked out for me.”

Eddie let loose one of his famous giggles. “Good for you, man! See you later, alright?” Whistling, he trotted back to his room, seemingly too excited for his friend to remember that he’d originally been busting Aleks for smoking pot.

“James, we need to have a talk.”

The afore mentioned shuffled over to where Jordan was sitting in the recording room at the plastic table that was normally reserved for Creature Talk.

            They sat across from each other, awkwardly, not saying a word. James didn’t dare make one of his usual wisecracks; not even a “what d’you want, Hoardan?”

            “I-” James didn’t even know what he was going to say, but Jordan interrupted before he could continue.

            “Look, James, we’re good friends. We’ve been good friend for a while.” Jordan took off his beloved red hat, placing it on the table with a sigh. “But right now I have to talk to you as a boss. You guys know how much I dislike acting like I can tell you what to do and things, but right now I have to.

            I don’t care if you’re in a relationship with someone in the group. It’s something I never thought I’d have to think about, but its fine with me. One thing that can’t happen, though, is for you to be fooling around with two people in the group. Because if that happens, then someone’s gonna get upset, and then we won’t be a group anymore. So I don’t know what the deal is with you and Aleks and Seamus, but you’re either with one of them or neither. It’s your choice.”

            James stared numbly at his friend and boss. Jordan was right. He never thought about how a relationship in the group would affect everyone around them. Jordan had said it was okay to be in a relationship though, but he’d have to choose who he’d be with.

            How the hell was he going to choose between calm, beautiful Seamus and fiery, passionate Aleks?

            Seamus was thinking about James. He usually was, but it was different this time. Now that a relationship was actually possible…did he really want one?

            James had always been the unreachable, the prize on top of the pedestal. He felt like a pathetic school girl for it, but Seamus had been content to admire him from afar.

            Kissing James had been amazing, a dream painted onto the canvas of real life. But would he be prepared for what else came with a relationship? Stares. Questions. Fights. Seamus had never fought with James before, and he didn’t want to.

            And James’s anger. Seamus had developed his sarcasm as a shield, a mask, an had always assume James had done the same, but with anger. But what if that was real, and just who he was? Seamus would never say it out loud, but he was scared of James, and what he was capable of.

            He could feel a headache forming. His frustrated groan almost masked the squeak of his door opening.

            A hand rested on his shoulder. It rubbed back and forth just a bit, as though the owner was trying to be comforting but was nervous about it.

            “Seamus, can I talk to you?”

AN: Cliffhanger! The support I've been getting on this story is amazing, thank you guys so much. It really means a lot, over 5,000 people have actually read my crap? That's fucking amazing. You guys are fucking amazing. Also fucking amazing is liddytheinfamous.tumblr.com, who make this chapters' fan art. Just to clarify though, this will not become a BSMD story; the art is a reference to the original 50 Shades of James. Also, I would like to clarify that the 'vote' will not determine who James ends up with; rather, a different but still fairly significant factor. So far NovaHD is slightly ahead, with Jeamus only a bit behind, and then a few people want an OT3. I'll probably accept the vote at that, but don't worry, both ships will be present throughout the story. I'm not sure about an OT3 though, because this is my first real fanfiction, so I don't know if I can handle that yet. Maybe another time.

Phew, this was quite the AN. For updates, go to the '50 Shades of James' tag on Tumblr (you don't need an account!). To talk to me or send fanart, you can message me on here, email me at therealsabertoothtigress@gmail.com, or message me on my Tumblr, Captainthief.tumblr.com. On Tumblr, I follow anyone who's read this story, and I reply to pretty much every ask I get (unless my inbox eats it). Thanks again for reading!