Chapter 23

ASHLEY'S POV:

I wake up, I walk into the kitchen, and pull a bowl from the cabinet.

"Good morning." I grumble.

"Not a morning person, I see." Bella says.

"Ha, ha, ha. Very funny."

"Yeah, it is."

I pour some Lucky Charms and milk into my bowl. Yummy!

Bella stares at her toast.

"What's up?" I ask.

"Nothing." She says, avoiding my eye contact.

"Come on, I know you do that when your hiding something." I insist.

Bella rolls her eyes. "Fine." She grumbles. "It's that kid! How in Hades am I gonna find him? He may just be some 10 year old."

"Ok. You can be negative, but I will be positive and say that, you got this. The paper says your gonna find the 'Son of music', I have no doubts. Ok maybe some."

"Real helpful, Ash." Bella says.

"I know, I am soooo helpful." I reply

About an hour later we checked out of the hotel, and are on the road. It's mid fall, so it's cool outside.

"Bella?" I ask.

"Ash?" She says looking right where my eyes are fixed.

"Go." We attack the monster. A griffon, and man, it's ugly.

I pull an arrow from my quiver, notch it, pull the string, aim at the monster, and let the string fly. I hit in the heart. Bella pulls out her bolt, and presses the button. The thing transforms, into a awesome sword. She stabs it in the leg, it groans. Then I shoot the other leg, he collapses. Then the griffon gets back up, swoops over head.

"Bella! Shoot him down!" She immediately understands. I see a flash of light in the sky.

"More!" I shout.

"I'm trying!" Bella screams.

The next flash is blinding, I look away, but when I sneak a peak I have to look away. The griffon falls to the ground, and turns into a puff of dust.

Yet no one looks at back us. I think they where too busy looking at there phones.

"Let's keep going." Bella says.