Chapter 4

Ch 4

Kira

I woke up to the sound of a loud, irritating buzzing sound. I moaned into my pillow and reached out to break whatever it was disturbing my peaceful slumber. I slammed my hand onto the alarm and threw it across the room; it slammed against the wall making a loud thud. If it weren’t for the fact that my mom and brother knew that was my normal routine, they would have ran in here worried.

I groaned and stretched out my long limbs. I always woke up an hour early before I had to get ready for school, my wolf liked to run in the mornings; sometimes my brother would even come, but usually he was just lazy.

I sat up and looked around my room, turning on the desk lamp before grabbing my robe heading out into the hall. I knocked on my brother’s door and opened it. I grinned, ran towards his bed and jumped on top of him making him groan.

“Jayke!” I teased. “Get up you big douche, unless you’re wolf is planning on being as lazy as you are. Come on, you have to run with me little brother.”

“Go away, I’m tired” Jayke mumbled into his pillow. I got off his bed and crossed my hand over my chest.

“Come on, quit being lazy or I’ll jump on you again.” I narrowed my eyes at him, getting ready to pounce.

He mumbled something I couldn’t hear, so I jumped on his back again. He turned around in time, flipped me, making me land on the other side of the bed.

“Ommph! You big ass!” I jumped up, a deep growl coming from my throat.

“Now now, sis, control you’re wolf.” Jayke grinned, slowly getting off his bed.

I was annoyed with him and my wolf was telling me to attack. I closed my eyes and took a deep breathe, trying to calm myself down. “I can’t control her with you standing there with a stupid smirk on your face” I grumbled, my eyes narrowing dangerously.

My brother knew I wouldn’t hurt him, at least not too bad, but if I was angry enough he knew I had no problem attacking him. The smirk fell from his face as he noticed the look on my face.

“Come on sis, chill. We’ll go run and you’re wolf can work off that steam” He grabbed my arm and we walked downstairs and out the back door.

As we reached the beginning of the woods, we went behind the trees and shifted into our wolves. My brother walked out from behind the tree as a big black wolf with white paws; I have to admit he is a gorgeous wolf. After walking away from my robe, I stretched out my limbs, my white fur almost glowing in the dark. I shook myself and stared at my brother. As wolves, we can speak telepathically, makes it easier when we shift and if we can’t speak out loud.

“Alright, get to it” My wolf ginned, and my brother took off running; I stayed behind a couple minutes knowing how easily I can catch up to him. I looked up at the sky then took off running.

I caught up to him in minutes; we raced around the woods, dodging trees and jumping over longs. I ran up behind him and nipped at his leg, making him yelp and run faster. He turned to the left, almost running into the trunk of a tree, narrowly missing it as he continued on. “You can escape me little brother” I teased.

I stopped and ran the other way, running as fast as I could in order to cut him off. I could sense he was close, so I ran faster, sneaking up on him from behind. I wasn’t ready to tackle him just yet so I nipped at his tail and he growled at me. “Stop doing that” he growled, getting really annoyed.

I laughed. “How about I let you chase me now? I’ll only run as fast as you and make it fair.” I suggested, while slowing down.

“Alright” he said, and stopped. Once we both stopped, I took off running in the opposite directing, and tripped over a tree root. Jayke laughed and I growled as I took off running. He started to chase, but even running at his speed I was still faster than him. I let him catch up and he nipped at my hind leg. I yelped and growled, running faster towards the house.