Chapter 3

Sorry it took longer than I expected to upload, I got a little busy.

Ch 3

Kira

After hours and hours of driving, sleeping at crappy hotels and eating at restaurants I’ve never heard of, we’ve finally made it. We drove in zigzags across different states in case we had a trail on us, but luckily we didn’t. I haven’t had as much sleep as I’d like, so I’m glad we’re on summer break and I can be really lazy, and I never have to sleep with my brother again! Well, at least for a year! A year without my idiot brother kicking me off the bed will be heavenly.

I sighed as we all got out of the car to inspect our new temporary home. It’s bigger than our last one, so I’m guessing we’ll be “rich” this year. I guess I’m glad since money can make you happy most of the time; just as long as I’m with my family, nothing else matters.

“Well here we are!” exclaimed my mom, jumping up and down excitedly.

“Yeah yeah” I grumbled quietly, mentally screaming in excitement. It’s not that I wouldn’t like to one day settle down, I mean, I am tired of running, but it is exciting to be able to travel the country. “I get first pick in rooms!” I shouted and ran inside the house just as my mom opened the door. I raced up the stairs and opened each room until I found the second master bedroom.

“Hey, that’s not fair! You always get the huge rooms!” Jayke whined and pouted.

“That’s because I’m older and have more crap than you. Plus, this closet is bigger and I have enough clothes to fill a mall.” I told him, grinning like an idiot while I looked around the room.

“Jayke, there’s three master bedrooms, so stop complaining!” my mom shouted from down stairs. “Get your asses down here and help bring everything in!”

“Okay!” Jayke and I both shouted then ran down the stairs to help.

We spent a few hours bringing all our furniture and belongings inside; spreading it wherever we found space. Luckily, we didn’t have many neighbors nearby because they lived far, so we didn’t need to hire any help to bring in the heavier furniture. We were strong enough to do it ourselves; well, my brother and I were, so we did. We have less than two months of summer left so, in the meantime, we get to decorate our house the way we’d like. I was looking forward to doing my room.

After the long drive and bringing in all our stuff, I was dead tired, and starving. Finally, I thought. “Now I can raid the kitchen!” We had bought groceries before we drove up to the house. I smiled to myself and walked downstairs towards the stairs to the living room where my mom and Jayke were.

We now live in Fawn Grove, Pennsylvania; an area of 365 acres luscious green, an enormous house, and the back of the house surrounded by forest—it was perfect. We always needed to have a private area with lots of running space; the years we didn’t were hard on me and my brother because our wolf always wanted to come out. Since this is a medium sized town, we still have to be careful and watch out for possible hunters coming onto the land.

“Mom!” I said after sitting on the couch. “Can we take a break now and eat? I’m starving. I know Jayke is too cause I can hear his stomach from upstairs.” I grinned and looked at Jayke.

“Yeah right” Jayke said and my mom just chuckled.

“We can make some grilled cheese or pizza… Oh, I know! Pancakes?!” I shouted, and jumped off my cushion. Mom rolled her eyes and walked into the kitchen.

“Chocolate chip waffles?” I suggested with a grin.

“No, I’ll make roast beef” she said instead.