Chapter 13- Getting Settled

SMALL CHAPTER I know, i'm horrible, but i really wanted to get this up quickly. Next proper upload Wdnessday!

This is dedicated to my bestie who i think is going through a rough time right now. I know she doesnt think of me as that close but i  love her anyway. FEEL BETTER

<------- hit that orange button if you've ever felt like that.

###############################################################################

Ash looked relieved and motioned us into the house. I was highly surprised that he could even walk as gracefully as he did with Clara draped onto half of his body.

I took in my surroundings. Not that much had changed. The white walls were still white, albeit in need of a new paint, the halls still had pictures of previous alphas hanging on hooks. I stopped in my tracks when I past my old bedroom door. I wonder if my things have gone. Probably burnt or something.

Ash noticed my sudden non-movement and looked at me oddly. Damn, I have to stop letting these memories get to me. It was just that…it had been my bedroom for 15 years of my life. The walls and comfy surroundings had watched me grow up, had watched me change my clothes, my styles and had been there when I cried.

 I know, pathetic. But I do somehow managed to get attached to beds.  Sarah would have put it down as a ‘psychological attachment’ for need of a constant place in my hectic life. Cass put it down to comfy-ness and I agreed with her.

I shrugged my shoulders and covered by saying. “Just counting rooms.”  Ash stared at the door sadly before nodding and continuing with the tour.

 I put up another ten minutes of this before butting in and snapping.” Yeah, yeah, we get it. Now what I want to know is where the Alpha is!?”

Ash looked pleadingly and Mason rolled his eyes at my outburst. I crossed my arms. “He has some questions I need answered. If I can protect this place I need to see the Alpha.” Marco had been quiet this whole tour and at some point snuck off, lucky bastard. But he was back now and slurred out.

“God sakes, man, show her the*hic* goddamn Alpha!” Then promptly left using the wall as his leverage.

“I agree with the alcoholic.” I said, swiping the vodka fumes away from my face.

Ash had grown still and was now staring at the ground as if making his final decision. The kitchen that we were now standing was silent and Clara was trying desperately to gain the attention of her ‘boyfriend’ by rubbing up and down his arm. Which really did make me gag. But luckily no-one saw but Mason who chuckled silently.

I opened my mouth to speak when the ringing of my phone cut me off. I pulled out a small brick-like phone that had cost me 30 bucks in a gas station. It wasn’t smart to keep a constant phone. So mine was changed regularly and I always answered it because only a few people had my number. I sent an apologetic to a mad looking Alpha’s son and walked into the next room, placing the phone to my ear.

“Mummy?” A small boyish voice crackled through my phone. I smiled a proper smile and gave a little laugh. “Hey, sweetie.” I said. “You’re not meant to know this number yet you know.” Blace giggled guiltily. I sighed. “Tell Aunty Cass that I let you off the hook.”   He had probably nicked the phone from her.

“I miss you Mummy, when are you coming home?”  I choked up.

“Baby, not now. Not for awhile. But your not alone, you have Cass and Mike and Sarah and all your friends.” I was saying this both for me and him. To reassure both of us. “But I miss you too.”

“can I call you back?” I hated having to do this but now was not a good time.

I felt guilty hearing the sadness in his voice as he said. “I gotta go to bed.”

“Then I’ll call you sometime during the day. So you won’t get in trouble. Ok?” Blace didn’t answer but he understood the deal. I call him, he can’t call me. “Yup.” He said.

“Night baby.” I spluttered. Then Blace hung up. I listened to the dead tone for a few seconds before lowering the phone and placing it back in my jeans pocket. 

Walking back into the room I saw Ash snap at Clara. “Get out!” which I gave a smug smile at. Maybe there was hope….wait, hope? Where the hell did that come from? I have no hope and frankly don’t want any. Especially from these bastards.

“So what’s the deal?” I asked.  Ash swung around to face me.

“Not now, I’m pretty sure you’re both exhausted, I’ll show you to your rooms and we can talk tomorrow.” Ash paused in his trail of speech. “Do you share a room?”

I began coughing and Mason laughed. “With this woman? No way, probably slit my throat if I even came near her bedroom.”

“That was one time Mason, get over it!” I mumbled accusingly. He laughed and then sauntered out of the room saying he’ll find his own way around.

That left just me and Ash.