Chapter 14 - Pathetic, Is Me

EARLY UPLOAD MWAHAHAHAHAH

Vote, comment and fan at will. :D

###################################################################################

We stared at each other for a few seconds before I remembered how much I hated the man. “Am I gonna get a room soon or is the kitchen where I’ll be sleeping.” If I sleep at all.

Ash, seemingly subconsciously, stepped closer to me, his eyes catching mine and hooking in line and sinker. I froze in my place. Electricity sparked under our gazes starting in the tip of my fingers and I felt it energize through my body. He stepped closer again and my heart began racing. Bam bam, bam bam, bam bam. Stupid hormones. His blue eyes were watching me intensely.

 They roamed over my body and I didn’t feel disgusted or needing to punch someone in the face like I usually do. Infact, I enjoyed it….immensly.  His gaze shined and glossened me up and for a second I felt perfect, like a golden statue glittering under the sun. Until. “You look just like her.” My mood crashed and the golden statue morphed into a black pile of sludge.  Ash said it so low that even I could barely hear it, looking so lost that every fibre of me wanted to run up and hug him to death.  

Almost every fibre. The other part wanted to hurt him for saying such an insult. His hand moved gracefully closer to my face and swept back a stray piece of hair. I shivered as chills ran through my veins from his touch. And all I could do was stare at him. He was so close. Mate my wolf whimpered. I felt my eyes widen at the shock of her voice, now clear and strong in my head.

Ash and I continued stuck in a single freeze frame. Him so close I could almost feel his heart beating. It was a humid night and you could clearly see his tanned and awesomely defined eight pack through the thin membrane of his shirt. Was it pathetic to say how much I wanted to touch it and see if it was real?

 I didn’t feel sick at the closeness of another person and I really, really liked it. It was like a perfect moment. All I had to do was lean a little bit forward. His soft lips would be on mine, like I had always dreamed. Just lean a little closer my wolf urged. But I didn’t need her urging, my own pull was strong enough.

“Baaabbbyyy!”

I growled menacingly at the interruption and my head snapped up to see Clara had charged into the room, distraught at not seeing my man for longer than five minutes. Jealousy coursed through me and I began to shake, muscles tightening. A slice of pain cut through me as the wound on my neck began to throb.

In my anger I had forgotten about its weakness and tightened the muscles surrounding the never healing scar. The slice of pain was enough to take my mind out of my body for s second and see myself, before jumping back into my shadow of a body with a burst of rage. Wait, my man? No. Yes my wolf whispered he is ours, OURS.

SHUT UP! I screamed at her. I leaped back quickly, Ash, taken in shock by my sudden departure, was still frozen in place his hand in mid-air, his eyes still on me, having not even acknowledge Clara’s presence. I backed off and shifted my features into their constant blank expression. My hand pressed against the throbbing scar. I hoped the blank face worked because right now my emotions were getting to fiery to control. Stop looking at me, I chanted angrily, stop looking at me! Stop. Looking. At.Me!

Clara was frowning at the scene she was witnessing. I didn’t care. Because he was still looking at me and we were still locked in each other’s eyes. The room grew small and black, all obsolete but him and me, him and m- stop it! I screeched into my mind, Pathetic, I yelled mentally.

The only emotion strong enough to defeat whatever I was feeling now, was hate. So I conjured up every bad memory of him that I could access. Been pushed into a lake, a fist into my ribs, a laughing sneer from above, my bag thrown into the dumpster, my bike been set on fire,  a painful, painful rejection. Hate coursed through me and now my heart sped up not for the mongrel of my mate, but my malice.